Going back to Droid

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a Note 8 with the Best Buy Black Friday deal. I have been using iPhones for a while now. I am definitely going to miss iMessages but am excited to see what all this phone has to offer. What google apps can I use to make swapping or syncing things as painless as possible? Also is there an app that can act anything at all like iMessage? To able to send videos and stuff?
This one is like iMessages. Other people that have it will say signal and act like imessage, the ones on your contact list that do not have signal it will just go thru as a sms.

Good luck on getting other people to change their sms apps though, most are not willing to change. There is nothing like imessage that will work between Android and Apple, Apple does but allow third party apps to access the default sms messages. It's worth you checking out, this is definitely like imessage for Android, not so much for Android to iPhone, but no third party app will work with iPhone for sms without jail brake.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.thoughtcrime.securesms

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered a Note 8 with the Best Buy Black Friday deal. I have been using iPhones for a while now. I am definitely going to miss iMessages but am excited to see what all this phone has to offer. What google apps can I use to make swapping or syncing things as painless as possible? Also is there an app that can act anything at all like iMessage? To able to send videos and stuff?

Use smart switch when you setup the new phone.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Nothing really comparable to iMessages which is why my daughters have iPhones. My family uses WhatsApp because it is somewhat universal allowing chat between apple and android :)

Also someone mentioned Google Photos. I would download that now onto your iPhone and select the free backup feature. Get all your photos backed up into your Google account so they are just there when you log into your new phone.

Our iPeople use Google Photos for all photos and thus stay in their free allotment with iCloud for all the other stuff.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
If you don't have Google photos get that on your iPhone yesterday. That's a must have.

Also you might want to stop calling it 'Droid,' those were Verizon branded phones that are long dead 👍

Lmao when I first saw the title I started thinking about the old droid Maxx I used to have. Great durable phone. Ran that thing over with a forklift and not a scratch lmao. My fiance was there since we worked together at the time and he couldn't believe nothing was wrong with it. The case was cracked pretty good tho. I miss that phone but came along Samsung galaxy note 3 and stole me away and been with the note since lol.

ocramida

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Recovering iOS guys here. I think you'll never want to go back to iphone once you experience the capabilities and flexibility of the Note and Android. Jumped shipped around iphone 5s and never looked back. Every time a new iPhone comes out I spend some time in an Apple store wondering if it makes sense to go back (my entire family is on iOS) but then I realise how restrictive the iPhone is compared to Android. I honestly feel "trapped" by iOS. It feels like a toy. Some people think Android is a PITA, but you can always find a way to do what you want to do, compared to Apple's closed ecosystem. I understand Apple's strategy here, but its not for me. IMO

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android!! My phone is a note 8 and my company issued phone is an iPhone. I find it very odd with all the hype about one over the other that they are so, so very similar. Anyway, your messaging question... I will get a lot of grief about this, but I like Verizon's Message+ app. One of the things that I like best is you can quite frequently see when the person is replying. This happens when they are also using Message+, but I always got notifications when my daughter (iPhone) was typing and I get notification if I send myself a message from my work phone. Aside from that, it will do everything that I have ever needed in a messaging app. I have also never had any issues with it misbehaving. Nuff said... We all know what opinions are like so I'll stop there.

BigRedGonzo

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a good photo editing app they recommend? Instead of trying the APK route.
Snapseed is my go to photo editing app. If most of the people you know are on Facebook then FB Messenger app is also a nice alternative to iMessage. I probably use it 90% of the time for communicating with people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaibh