Going naked? Removed my case and no SS.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a thin clear TPU case and put my S7 Edge in it almost as soon as I got it. Last night I was watching a lot of YT reviews and saw how nice the phone looks naked, next thing I know I was removing the case.

The phone is so thin and looks amazing. It also feels so good in my hand that I don't want to put it back on even though I know I should. It also now looks like the S7 Edge and not the look of just any other Android phone in a case.

Anyone else totally naked? FWIW, I did sign up for insurance thru my carrier also last night.:cool:

I wouldn't risk it. At least go to slick wraps and get a skin. They cover 360 degrees and they have them in stock.

Posted via the Android Central App

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I always but dbrand carbon fiber skin. I should be receiving it this week. Once I have that, I'll stop using this thing spiegen case I have now.

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I usually go naked but like my N6 which was also slippery I will be putting a seidio case in this as soon they become available until then I just need to be extra careful.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I went naked for the first 2 days and was very nervous about dropping the phone. I also struggled typing with the edge screen. I bought a Spigen ultra hybrid clear case and it is almost perfect. The beauty still shows through the case and I can now type easier.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Uh, no. I never use a phone naked. This phone will shatter if it comes in contact with cement or a hard floor.

Your OP is giving me anxiety.

Jaymil

Neutronbomb
Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a clear spigen case but I'm considering going naked because it feels so nice. My only concern is fingerprints. I could care less about dropping it... My $10 spigen you case isn't going to save it and I have insurance anyway.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't normally use a case but I have ordered a Neo Hybrid from Spigen for the S7 Edge. The phone is too thin, rounded and slippery for my taste and fingerprints are a constant battle. I considered a skin and may get one if the case doesn't live up to expectations.

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Dbrand leather effect skin for me, should be arriving soon. Thought even if I did drop it the skin will cover up the cracks for me. Can't believe one of these thin cases will provide that much protection as well.

rkkeller

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a clear spigen case but I'm considering going naked because it feels so nice. My only concern is fingerprints. I could care less about dropping it... My $10 spigen you case isn't going to save it and I have insurance anyway.

That is how I am thinking. My thin clear TPU case is not really going to prevent much damage anyway.

cdjohnson25

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Also, despite having tiny hands I was bumping the Edge and other places 90% of the time. A case allows me to have ergonomic hand holding with the phone so I'm not touching everything.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

I have been going back and forth on getting a case. At first, I thought no way am I going to cover any part of this phone.

But, then is slipped out of my pocket a couple of times and I thought I had better get a case.

However, coming from an S4, I have learned to be careful about what pockets I put my larger, slippery S7E phone in.

To your point about hand size, I have large hands, so holding and using my S7E with one hand without unwanted screen taps, as well as it not slipping from my hand, is not an issue for me.

Now I'm curious if your hand size is part of your consideration whether or not you get a case?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I have been going back and forth on getting a case. At first, I thought no way am I going to cover any part of this phone.

But, then is slipped out of my pocket a couple of times and I thought I had better get a case.

However, coming from an S4, I have learned to be careful about what pockets I put my larger, slippery S7E phone in.

To your point about hand size, I have large hands, so holding and using my S7E with one hand without unwanted screen taps, as well as it not slipping from my hand, is not an issue for me.

Now I'm curious if your hand size is part of your consideration whether or not you get a case?

My first consideration was I launched the phone across my office at work and it smacked the hardwood like a champion. I panicked and kept it on the desk all night.

Then I noticed using it one handed I kept bumping something or the other while texting etc. So I solidified my choice in going with a case.

I went with my go to, Urban Armor Gear in Ice (clear and black). Best decision ever. I'll post up a pic later.

Ergonomics changed completely and for the better. I still nudge it sometimes, but I think it's cause I'm getting used to the curved screen, but much much better and UAG makes it look too damn good.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm always naked, on every phone I own for the most part. Millions of dollars is spent to make these things look and feel pretty. I want to use it as the designers intended. I will buy insurance just in case and enjoy the phone in all it's naked, slippery glory.

Same here. That's what insurance is for!

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Without a case, I am constantly accidentally activating apps along the side of the phone, especially when I pick it up. The fatal flaw with edge to edge screens like the S7 Edge.

Byron Hinson1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
No way I will be not now I'm on the Samsung contract where I get a new phone every 12 months if it's in great condition!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos