Going naked? Removed my case and no SS.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Word of advice... USE A CASE!! I never drop my phones and almost wasn't going to use a case seeing the S7 Edge is such a gorgeous phone but I put the Spigen Neo Hybrid on it for the time being and wouldn't you know this morning getting out of my jeep the phone slid out of my sweatpants and hit the road.. In 10 years of having phones that has never happened, luckily it hit on the bottom corner and ended up face up!! The case took all the shock and has a scratch on the corner but can't imagine how it would have played out without it being on it, soon as a good glass Screen Protector gets released I'm getting one of those too!!

Whipple2946

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
My s7e silver had a day out of the case today...dropped it on concrete. The armorsuit skin I put on it last night saved it from side scratches or cracks. Putting it back in the case once I get the front protector on.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Never used a case on any other phone, but I've got a Spigen clear TPU case on this one. I've got 60 days to trial it on my business account so I'll keep the case on at least until I'm positive I'm going to keep it.

With all the glass, I may well keep the case on even after that. I have dropped my other phones, and don't want to take too many chances with this one. It also keeps the back from getting full of fingerprints, still shows off the Titanium Silver finish, and I think I may like the feel of it better than the plain phone. I'll have to play with the uncased phone some more, though, to be sure.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I always go naked, but I bought a case for the S6 just because it was so slippery. I eventually ditched it a month later anyway. The edge fits so nicely in the hand I wouldn't think about getting a case for even a second.

Loozpatienz

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After seeing so many folks with scratches and cracks I decided maybe not to go naked all the time (my phone you pervs). So I just pre-ordered on Amazon the GPEL Full Coverage Corning Authentic Gorilla Glass Screen Protector and the Galaxy S7 Edge EverPure Clear case that GPEL makes that is compatible with it. $40 total. I wanted some protection against scratching and bumps without sacrificing the aesthetics of this beautiful piece of art. Both should be here in a couple of weeks, I will post pics and opinion. FYI, there is a great Youtube vid showing the screen protector...looks nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDyyT5zkRwM

Last edited:

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
After seeing so many folks with scratches and cracks I decided maybe not to go naked all the time (my phone you pervs). So I just pre-ordered on Amazon the GPEL Full Coverage Corning Authentic Gorilla Glass Screen Protector and the Galaxy S7 Edge EverPure Clear case that GPEL makes that is compatible with it. $40 total. I wanted some protection against scratching and bumps without sacrificing the aesthetics of this beautiful piece of art. Both should be here in a couple of weeks, I will post pics and opinion. FYI, there is a great Youtube vid showing the screen protector...looks nice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDyyT5zkRwM

I had one of those for my S6E+, it was trash.

I will wait for Zagg, there's a reason they haven't come out with one yet.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to take issue with the conventional wisdom on this debate. First, the notion that by putting a case on it, you're spoiling the design that the creators intended. I think at this point, most of them understand that most people will put a case on the phone, and so it is designed to look good even in a case. Second, the notion that when you put a case on this phone, it looks just like any other phone. Poppycock ! Many and possibly most cases for the S7 Edge are designed in such a way that the Sleek curves of the device are still very prominent even in a case. When I have left my phone on the desk and I walked by it later on, the curves still catch my eye even in a case. Third, some people have complained that the silver and gold versions of this phone are too gaudy. I think a person with an eye for it can find a case that actually makes the phone look better. I feel like I've done that, with a case that is not too overly bulky but with a black border that emphasizes the silver highlights of the phone without allowing the silver to become too overwhelming.

Posted via the Android Central App

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Good points! I've said this before, but just because I put a case on my phone doesn't mean I will never take it out naked on occasion. And when I do I appreciate the looks of this phone.

But I agree it even looks great in a case!

Posted via the Android Central App

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I went with a wallet case- It's very easy to take in and out so it's perfect for me. I can say that I never drop my phones and take very good care of all my phones so putting a bulky case on it would make no sense in my case + I always have phone insurance just in case. I can also see peoples other points of wanting to protect their investment by bulking it up with a case. Putting a thin case on it makes no sense to me because it would not protect it as good - so what's the purpose of using a thin case? Idk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I always go naked, but I bought a case for the S6 just because it was so slippery. I eventually ditched it a month later anyway. The edge fits so nicely in the hand I wouldn't think about getting a case for even a second.

This is the first phone I've felt the need, or desire, to put a case on. It' just too slippery. I dropped my last phone too many times, and it wasn't nearly as slippery or fragile as this one.

I've yet to run a screen protector on any phone, and have never had any significant problem with scratches, so I'm not going to start with this one.

I'm using the Spigen Liquid Crystal thin TPU case. It offers minimal protection, but I got it mostly to make the phone easier to grip, and it does that very well. It's very clear, so the beauty of the S7 shines through. It also, for me, makes the phone more comfortable in the hand. It's also on sale (probably only for a very short time) for $3.

Spigen is offering a variety of Galaxy S7, S7 edge and LG G5 cases for under $4 | Android Central

61ERheNWCjL._SX522_.jpg

JF2014

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
As sexy as this device is, it's as slippery as a fish, and the Edge display causes me no end of grief from launching apps or dialling calls by accident.

I also got the Spigen Neo Hybrid case. It's well built and just the right size. It was about $25 CAD on Amazon.