Good Stylus pen for HTC Nexus 9?

Timo Suominen

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all!

I have been desperately searching from the amazing internet ;) for a great Stylus pen (with pressure sensitivity support; optional) work with Nexus 9 tablet, but seems that there are very few available (if any). To my greatest disappointment even WACOM support replied to my pre-sales inquiry: "On your device at this time there is no stylus would work properly on that model"... So dear NEXUS 9 & Android fans, can you point me and recommend:

- Great working Stylus pen for Nexus 9 tablet (price-range 30-60 USD)
- Best sketching (drawing!) app for Nexus 9 tablet

Thx!

BR,
Timo

Timo Suominen

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Thx Haalcyon.

Is this according to your experience or by what?

It's really strange (to me) that WACOM products do not work with Android / Nexus 5.

BR. timo

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thx Haalcyon.

Is this according to your experience or by what?

It's really strange (to me) that WACOM products do not work with Android / Nexus 5.

BR. timo

That's my experience. Fine styli indeed. Wacom is a specific tech and as far I know only Samsung uses it in their mobile devices.

Allan Normandin

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I was also looking for a small tipped stylus.. I found this and the reviews look promising..

DotPen - World's Best Active Stylus Pen for iPad, iPhone, Android, & Windows tablets and smartphones. Machined aluminum housing with 1.9mm durable tip.

My reply will not let me paste in the link to Amazon, but here is the ASIN: B00MGU8LIK

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

TriadX1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
These are likely the very best you can get: (Link removed)

The JotPro works, but it is a bit delicate and a friend of mine whom used it on the Nexus 9 broke it after about 2 days...

Otherwise I have tried a couple of fine tip Stylus like the Precision Touch Dart Stylus and they were really flakey. Any cheap capacitive stylus work much better...

Brad

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The JotPro works, but it is a bit delicate and a friend of mine whom used it on the Nexus 9 broke it after about 2 days...

Otherwise I have tried a couple of fine tip Stylus like the Precision Touch Dart Stylus and they were really flakey. Any cheap capacitive stylus work much better...

Brad

Brad is a great name. I just happen to be named Brad as well...but that's just a coincidence.

tsapos

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
join the club of disappointed Nexus 9 owners. If you want to draw on android (even Nexus 9) you would have to sell it and buy surface pro, wacom or apple. Even adonit that makes a bluetooth version for the stylus pro cannot adapt it to android (the right technical term is, will not adapt it). So there you have it: you are cursed with inferior cheap stylus types. The most surprising fact is that qualcomm has an ultrasound model that only HTC is trying out. It makes me feel disappointed as a big fan of android and makes me realise that the Nexus 9 was an overpriced tablet after all...

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered the Adonit Dash 2. High hopes once again. Will be here on Monday (10/31/16) so I'll let everyone know what happens.

I am using the LG V20, but capacitive touch screens without wacom support are all alike. And if you want a fine tip pen it will need to be powered. I tried the Stilo fine tip and sent it back. Works alright to navigate, highlight and copy fine print, but as a writing device for taking notes it is practically worthless. Skips like crazy.

ThiSidUp

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Adonit Jot Dash 2
Got it today . . . IT WORKS!!! I am one happy camper.
Used OneNote, no problem
Used Bamboo, no problem
Used Inkredible, no problem
Used the V20 quick note, no problem

Palm rejection works
Pressure sensitivity works

NO skipping!!! Slightly offset, but nothing major.

Feels nice in the hand. A little light, but again, nothing to complain about. Mildly expensive.
But I would have paid a LOT more for one that works as well as this does.

I sent back the Stilo . . . skipped like crazy. But I am VERY happy with this.!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5537035

It is NOT spen quality. Nothing is!! So for those who have been Note users it will take some adjusting. But it works fine on the V20.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos