Google App Constantly Freezes

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Note 10+, and I love the phone. I also had an 8 and a 9 before this one - and this problem happened on all three. If I use the factory-installed Google app, something weird happens. Let's say I do a search, and I get the search results. If I click on one of them, the page opens... and then totally freezes the phone. I can't scroll, I can't get out of it, nothing. I have to keep hitting the home button until it unlocks, and then it goes back to my home screen. Same thing happens if I'm scrolling through the tiles in the app and open one of them -- total freeze. It's BEYOND annoying. No one at T-Mobile or Samsung has been able to help with this. Is anyone else having this issue? Like I said, I had it on my Note 8, and when I upgraded to the 9, hoped it would go away. No dice, and same on the 10+. Help?

jamieresearch

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I already have an account, for some reason it wasn't signed in when I posted. :)

I've done all of those things. I'm pretty techy, so I did the normal trouble shooting. I've talked to so many reps for both T-Mo and Samsung, and no knows what I'm talking about. I Googled the problem and found a few threads on other boards of folks who are having the same issue, but never a resolution.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In case it's a problem with Android System Webview, make sure it's fully up to date in the Play Store. If it already is, then go the other way -- uninstall all updates to Android System Webview, because there can sometimes be glitches on certain devices related to updates. (If the phone happens to be on Pie, then uninstall all Chrome updates, since Chrome handles webview from Nougat to Pie.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I already have an account, for some reason it wasn't signed in when I posted. :)

I've done all of those things. I'm pretty techy, so I did the normal trouble shooting. I've talked to so many reps for both T-Mo and Samsung, and no knows what I'm talking about. I Googled the problem and found a few threads on other boards of folks who are having the same issue, but never a resolution.
Uninstall the update to play store see if still happening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non