Google apps won't connect on home wifi on new S7 Edge

Drdwyer18

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I recently got the galaxy s7 edge a few days ago. I am unable to use google apps such as YouTube and the play store on my new phone. I have never had issues using google apps on my LG G3.

My Troubleshooting:
  • Restarted phone
  • Factory Reset Phone
  • Restarted Router
  • Cleared cache/data on play store and google play services
  • Uninstalled updates to both the play store and play services

I used data to test if the problem was with my phone or my connection. I came to the conclusion that it is a network issue, but I cannot figure the issue out at all. My LG G3 is able to download apps and watch youtube videos, so i'm not sure why I cannot on my new phone. Another side note to add is that google apps work on my college network.

The Youtube app loads videos and comments, however the video will never play. After about a minute or so it says something along the lines of "playback error". When attempting to download an app off of the play store, the app will just say "Downloading" and nothing else. When downloading a movie, the movie will start downloading but stay at 0% until the download times out.

I am also able to access all other apps such as Facebook, Chrome, etc. without an issue.

Please leave any suggestions on what I should do. Thank you for the help!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
That's a tricky one. Have you tried clearing cache and data for Download Manager, then rebooting?

Posted via the Android Central App

WadeOhh

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I created an account on this forum specifically because I'm having the same problem as the OP. I've been trying to fix it for 2 days, done endless searching across the web, tried everything known to man such as factory reset router, factory reset phone, nothing has resolved it and I'm at the end of my sanity.

I have the new Samsung S7 (non-edge version) and on wi-fi, anything that needs to talk to Google such as Play Store updates for Google apps (Gmail updates, Chrome updates, etc), Play Store downloads are even a bit hit and miss, and even apps that need to sync with Google such as Google Keep and Gmail just will not load. I get no error messages, just endless 'loading' or 'downloading' messages across the various apps. I've tried removing and re-adding my Google account to the phone, still no resolution. Its like my Google account is being block somewhere in the line on wi-fi. As soon as I turn wi-fi off, everything starts working and downloading, this all only happens on wi-fi. Samsung app updates on wi-fi seem to be a bit hit and miss too. It seems to be anything that is a 'system' type app just will not download or update.

Funnily enough, like the OP, I've also come from a LG G3 and never had any issues. Please help! As mentioned, I'm at the end of my sanity trying to get this resolved.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that regular web browsing in Chrome, browsing Facebook, Twitter, etc all work completely fine on wi-fi.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719