Google Assistant losing small but useful feature

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
While using Google Assistant today I used "Redial" and was informed by the Assistant that "Redial and Callback" are being removed.

Can they at least wait until a new Assistant is out before destroying the existing one? This isn't a crisis, but it's a unnecessary change that isn't hurting anything. Who knows what they will strip out next.

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
While using Google Assistant today I used "Redial" and was informed by the Assistant that "Redial and Callback" are being removed.

Can they at least wait until a new Assistant is out before destroying the existing one? This isn't a crisis, but it's a unnecessary change that isn't hurting anything. Who knows what they will strip out next.
That wouldn't be very Google... YHou have to completely run your current product into the ground to make the barebones piece of crap you release next look better by contrast, even though it's a significantly worse product than it's predecessor.

Can't think why people switch to iPhone.

• Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Indeed it is Google nature. It's just getting tiresome. Sundar (CEO) maybe be best for Google in terms of financial success, which we all know is the only thing that matters, but he is absolute dog 💩 when it comes to running the company as a whole for the industry and endusers.

Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank goodness my headset has its own voice recognition for those commands. Just sucks it can't also recognize true voice call commands so I could disable Assistant all together.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Sad part is assistant is part of the reason I have a pixel watch 2. Loosing that would religate the watch to a drawer. Not to mention my nest audio speakers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That wouldn't be very Google... YHou have to completely run your current product into the ground to make the barebones piece of crap you release next look better by contrast, even though it's a significantly worse product than it's predecessor.

Can't think why people switch to iPhone.
That's why Samsung tries to make their own eco system

Reactions: 1raygin