Google Assistant With Screen Off and Charging

fairtomiddlin

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My Verizon S7 updated to the latest Verizon build a couple of days ago. I have Google Assistant set to allow "OK Google" detection from any screen. I was under the impression/recollection that "Ok Google" detection worked even if the screen was off (NOT locked) as long as the phone was being charged. However, Ok Google is not being detected if my screen is off (NOT locked) even if my phone is being charged. Has Verizon or Google changed this behavior??

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's samsung. Voice command for assistant sucks on the S7. It rarely works even when the app is open.

fairtomiddlin

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you check your settings after the update? The most recent update changed my settings, turning off my "ok google" detection.

Thanks. I did. Still set to allow Ok Google on any screen. I've tried wiping cache partition as well. Still can't get the phone to recognize Ok Google when the screen is off but charging. Maybe my inability to activate Trusted Voice (due to corporate exchange email policy) is the problem, although I thought that was only applicable when the phone is actually locked.