Google Backup Disabled by Admin? Check yours

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
This appears to be a wide spread problem based on the number of complaints over the Internet.

Is your S8/S8+ having the same issue?

Here's how to check:

Settings > Cloud and accounts > Backup and restore > Google account

Is your Google Drive entry greyed out like mine?
ca8af7cee9d7d1a155b597ca88bff581.jpg

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Probably removed by your carrier. I have Verizon and my Drive backup is fully active but under different settings path. I have no 'clouds and accounts'.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am using Samsung backup too. Don't know if that matters. But I used to be able to use both backups on my Galaxy S7.

This would be a temporary bug, I hope.

BratPAQ

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Google drive. Tap the upper left menu. Then select backups. You'll see your device on the list. You'll see a list of backups including app data.

I tried to uninstall Tapatalk then reinstall it again. My login accounts and all followed forums are still there. As if I didn't uninstalled it at all.

BTW, make sure automatic restore is turned on.

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Google drive. Tap the upper left menu. Then select backups. You'll see your device on the list. You'll see a list of backups including app data.

I tried to uninstall Tapatalk then reinstall it again. My login accounts and all followed forums are still there. As if I didn't uninstalled it at all.

BTW, make sure automatic restore is turned on.
Thanks. I saw a backup listed under Google Drive made last night. I guess it is making the backup despite the error/warning about being disabled by Admin.

nanapull3

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Had the exact same issue with my S7 Edge. I use Google and Samsung to back up my data. Searched these forums for weeks and stumbled across a post with the answer that fixed it for me. I wish I had saved the posters name to thank them. It was due to power saving mode being turned on. Switched it off and back ups every 24 hours. No longer get the "disabled by admin" message in my Google Drive. My contacts are syncing again, also. Thanks to the person who found the solution to an issue that had been driving me nuts!!!

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Had the exact same issue with my S7 Edge. I use Google and Samsung to back up my data. Searched these forums for weeks and stumbled across a post with the answer that fixed it for me. I wish I had saved the posters name to thank them. It was due to power saving mode being turned on. Switched it off and back ups every 24 hours. No longer get the "disabled by admin" message in my Google Drive. My contacts are syncing again, also. Thanks to the person who found the solution to an issue that had been driving me nuts!!!

I have power Saving mode Off, and still have the "disabled by administrator" message.

nanapull3

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry you are still having this issue. Keep searching these forums. This group is a treasure trove of genius' when it comes to androids. Hope you get resolution soon. Best of luck, and so sorry this did not help.

A

AC Question

backup to google drive disabled by your admin

Looks like it's been going on for some time with no resolution, which is unacceptable.
Bottom of the line my phone (Galaxy 8 and latest update) and apps are not being backed up to my Google Cloud drive--this is scary.
Please somebody update!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: backup to google drive disabled by your admin

Welcome to Android Central! Do you use a work account on your phone? If so, there might be a security credential that's preventing you from using Google Drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko