Google Calendar Frustrating Sync Issues

mattwinans

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
I recently had an issue with my Google Calendar on Android not syncing properly with my PC. It stopped syncing, only displaying former events, so I did a little research and was advised by Google to clear the data of both "Calendar" and "Calendar Storage" (the system app)... so I did that and went back in, and the calendar is just blank and the issue is worse:

• Under Calendar Settings > Manage calendars: "All calendars" is enabled, but all it shows is under "My phone": My calendars, Contacts' birthdays, My tasks. Shouldn't this screen also display the connected Google accounts? Because mine doesn't.
  • So if I proceed to click "Add account" I do not have the ability to select a Google Account type anymore. The three options are: Samsung account, Exchange, & Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Knowing Exchange is Google-related, if I click that and enter my Google account under "Add your email address" it reads "Duplicate account: You're already using this username for the account <My Google Account>.... wtf?
  • Calendar Settings > Sync Now: obviously says everything is synched and yet nothing is synched.
  • Under Android Settings > Accounts > [My Google Account] > Sync account: "Sync Calendar" is no longer in this list. All others are still there: Docs, Contacts, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Music, Chrome, People details, Sheets, Play Games Cloud Save, Drive, Google Fit data, & Gmail. "Sync Calendar" has vanished.
  • I logged into G Suite Administration Console and double checked all permissions on the Calendar app-- it's all fine.

--------

I have no idea what to do at this point. I've cleared the data of the Calendar & Calendar Storage app several times, but that's clearly not the solution. Does anyone know what could be causing this and what I could do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Samsung phone do you have? I've seen this kind of thing happen before with Contacts. I think the solution was to remove your Google account from the device, then add it back again. I don't believe that was with G Suite, but it may still be worth trying -- of course, make sure you back up all of your important data first.