Google Camera app

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. It definitely improves the dynamic range of the images & works with the wide angle camera!
Google software + LG hardware = Super camera

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The port is not new...it's new for the wide angle lens. You will get better results than before but it is doubtful that it will beat the Pixel camera especially the selfie cam.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Am going to give this one a try. Not hopeful though, every one I have tried so far installs fine and works as in tales pictures but none of the advanced features like portrait mode seem to work at all

Update...... Wondering if there anything in developer settings you need to adjust on these? App installs fine again but as with the other versions portrait mode does not work on any of them.

Last edited:

wdblevin

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
For those of us non techies, how do we make this happen on our phones? Thanks.

Here's a good bit of information (specific to a different version of the Google Camera APK Port): Download Google Camera APK with HDR+ for Android Phones

***** For the steps to help you install most Google Camera APK Ports, START at the section labeled "How to Install Google Camera APK Port" and get the APK you want to use and then proceed.

Codiesdad

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
I found this dramatically improved the camera on the V30. Granted, in my opinion that's not hard, I hated the V30s camera. couldn't get a good shot to save my life. while it is still well behind the pixel 2 xl, it is quite good with this port.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree. This port has helped out quiet a bit. Loving it so far. Even the portrait mode shots are working great in the proper light.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
It improves the dynamic range making it nicer to look at. But the blue of the sky is sometimes exaggerated to the point of looking un-natural

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I saw that they have a port for the front facing camera with portrait mode as well. Is this the same link? To me that puts the V30 over the top for me. I shoot mostly in manual so I don't have the same "I can't get any good shots from the V30 camera" issues that most people have. Now this is based on my experience with the V10 and V20. But they do have a port floating around that works for the front facing camera and its really all software. LG needs to improve their software. Until then Google's superior solution helps out a whole lot.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I saw that they have a port for the front facing camera with portrait mode as well. Is this the same link? To me that puts the V30 over the top for me. I shoot mostly in manual so I don't have the same "I can't get any good shots from the V30 camera" issues that most people have. Now this is based on my experience with the V10 and V20. But they do have a port floating around that works for the front facing camera and its really all software. LG needs to improve their software. Until then Google's superior solution helps out a whole lot.

There's only two ports....one normal, one wide.... That should take care of everything

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
There's only two ports....one normal, one wide.... That should take care of everything
There's one that works with the front facing camera as well is what I'm saying. Even the front portrait mode works as well. A guy on Instagram messaged me the one with the Google portrait mode enabled compared to the stock LG camera. I was surprised to learn that his pics we're taken on the V30's front camera.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Update: I'm not sure if the app updated on its own but upon trying the Google Camera port I already have, portrait mode now does indeed work for the front camera as well. Give it a shot and see the results.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Update: I'm not sure if the app updated on its own but upon trying the Google Camera port I already have, portrait mode now does indeed work for the front camera as well. Give it a shot and see the results.
Like I said....there are two ports that take care of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796