Google Family Library apps being charged more than once?

markm75

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I recently signed up for the family library option, added a few devices.. on one of them i paid for a 99 cent app.. i then went to my other google family library phone and installed the same app, which didnt show purchased or install but the price instead.. i was charged twice.

Wasnt the point of this to not be charged more than once for up to 6 people?

This was for the Nova Launcher prime in particular..

And i guess older apps prior to july of 2016 may have to pay more than once if already bought (meaning not free).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I recently signed up for the family library option, added a few devices.. on one of them i paid for a 99 cent app.. i then went to my other google family library phone and installed the same app, which didnt show purchased or install but the price instead.. i was charged twice.

Wasnt the point of this to not be charged more than once for up to 6 people?

This was for the Nova Launcher prime in particular..

And i guess older apps prior to july of 2016 may have to pay more than once if already bought (meaning not free).

Does Nova Launcher support family sharing?

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7007852?hl=en

I purchased content, but I can't add it to Family Library

If you can't add content you bought to Family Library:

The content might not be eligible to be added to Family Library (see above).

You used your personal credit or debit card instead of the family payment method to purchase movies or TV shows after you set up or joined Family Library.

Your family payment method may be invalid. If you're the family manager, update your family payment method to a valid credit card so that you and your family members can add new purchases to Family Library.