Google Maps draining battery while closed

Howard L

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, just uninstall Google Map updates and problem is fixed
You can see from the image the updates keep the phone always awake even if screen was off. Once I removed the updates, the phone was not awake when not using it

Attachments

• google maps battery drain.PNG
    google maps battery drain.PNG
    550.5 KB · Views: 64

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Maps is destroying my battery life again. I'm on a ROM so I can't uninstall updates. I've got the app uninstalled right now but is there a way to install an older version that doesn't drain my battery?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373074292695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373074292695.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 46

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you disable the location sharing in google maps. This is on by default. Does anyone know how to disable google now? I don't remember how to do that.

deluxx

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you disable the location sharing in google maps. This is on by default. Does anyone know how to disable google now? I don't remember how to do that.

just hold down your home button, go into settings and turn off now and notifications and such

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Droid DNA for months now and I was the one who started this thread a long time ago. Now that I am used to the phone and the mediocre battery life versus my old iPhone 4, I understand that the google maps issue is not that bad. I disagree with shutting off all location services because it cuts down on getting the full experience of a neat Android phone. If you work in a field where a power outlet is not that far away, I just recommend running your phone with everything on, location settings and all, if you want to get the full android experience. Naturally, the NSA is watching everything you do, so privacy should not be a concern anymore...

Looking forward to getting the new Sense 5 update that the HTC Butterfly is currently receiving.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej