Google Maps Navigation for 1.6

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Anyone try to download this on their Eris yet? I can't see it on the market while using my Eris. Wonder if VZW has selectively blocked apps based on ESN's? I hope not.:eek:

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Checked the marketplace as soon as the tweet came in from HTC. lol No dice yet. I gotta tell you though, based on battery performance so far without the update, I am a little frightened at how the battery will or will not hold up using the voice assisted GPS.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Checked the marketplace as soon as the tweet came in from HTC. lol No dice yet. I gotta tell you though, based on battery performance so far without the update, I am a little frightened at how the battery will or will not hold up using the voice assisted GPS.
OMG.its on the market now, I am downloading it.........:D

R

Roy Aguilera

Yeah, you gotta search for Google Maps or go to Apps>Just in (its 1/2 way down the page).

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Call me crazy but I've been searching the app store for at least 30 minutes if every way I can think of, and I still don't see it.

Those of you that DLed it, can you still see it on the store? Might Verizon have made them pull it down?

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I still see it.

This is quite the mystery. It should be as simple as searching for "Google Maps" but out of the long list of results I get nothing to do with it.

I did notice that this thread was moved from the Eris group where I started it to here. So maybe my first post still stands, 1.5 (Hero and Eris) still doesn't get the update.

DA6, are you on 1.5 or 1.6?

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
BTW I tried going to m.google.com/maps (as directed on google's site) to try to get the update. Clicked on the download button and my Eris dropped to the app store and did a search on its own and came up with nothing.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the update is only for 1.6 phones isn't it? if the eris is running 1.5, it shouldn't show up...

am i missing something here?

Kuth70

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
That's what I thought too, but on the 4th post in this thread, Equus stated he was able to get it on his Droid Eris (1.5).

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I must crawl back under that rock again

That's what I thought too, but on the 4th post in this thread, Equus stated he was able to get it on his Droid Eris (1.5).
Never mind..........please accept my apologies, I thought it was the new map program but turned out to be the older version. :eek:
YES, apps in the Market are all based on the type of device you have as it checks OS versions everytime you check in.
I am so sorry folks.really am. :eek::eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pkmnsage