Google Messages RCS Issues Again Verizon Note 20 Ultra

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone here with the Note 20 Ultra Verizon been having issues with RCS going out daily? Seems like it's been plagued with issues "connecting" from day one when RCS was available. It will run good for awhile and then start having issues. I can't stand Apple and iPhone products. But I must say that messaging is one thing they got right. I never hear of anyone with issues on iMessage. If you've had issues and have a permanent fix please share it. Is there a way to actually talk to someone at Google?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Very fast response. Thank you. And I do use a VPN at work. Never thought of that causing issues. I've been using it on and off forever with no issues. I'll turn it off and see what happens. Thank you again.
I found out this when I was using mine so hopefully this helps , let us know. Welcome!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's an option in the Google Messages app under Chat Features to "Automatically resend as text (SMS/MMS)", so you could turn that on to make sure you don't miss anything.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Well I'm back again. Lol. Thought it was the VPN issue but the RCS issues have come back even without VPN. It'll work a little and then go back to connecting.🙄

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I'm back again. Lol. Thought it was the VPN issue but the RCS issues have come back even without VPN. It'll work a little and then go back to connecting.
Oh no ,see if any updates in play store , can also clear the message app data then force stop it to clear out any glitches or might need a reset .

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Oh no ,see if any updates in play store , can also clear the message app data then force stop it to clear out any glitches or might need a reset .

I've done it all mustang several times. Lol. It'll work for a little while and go back out. I joined the carrier services beta program. Maybe something there will correct it for good. I wish there was Google support that I could talk to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've done it all mustang several times. Lol. It'll work for a little while and go back out. I joined the carrier services beta program. Maybe something there will correct it for good. I wish there was Google support that I could talk to.
Ok wasn't sure because you didn't mention what u have tried.

Other things to try
Reset network
How old your sim ?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i would expect that , best bet is here or maybe ask at Samsung forums in Samsung members app

Verizon tech put in a trouble ticket. If I can't fix it I figured he probably couldn't either. I've been around since the days of rooting phones. Although on the last few phones I haven't felt the need to root. I think something is going on with my number on their end or Google's.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon tech put in a trouble ticket. If I can't fix it I figured he probably couldn't either. I've been around since the days of rooting phones. Although on the last few phones I haven't felt the need to root. I think something is going on with my number on their end or Google's.
Under chat settings your number shows up or its waiting to verify?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Under chat settings your number shows up or its waiting to verify?

Hey man. Sorry for the delay. Was on vacation and didn't open the app. Yep it is stuck at verifying. The issue started with it being stuck at connecting. I get a message from Verizon daily saying they're still working the issue.