Google Nexus 6 How long does it typically take to get accessories for a newly released phone?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am considering the Nexus 6 [ X ] as a possible substitute for my choice of a Note 3 as my next phone (and first Android phone). If the specs turn out as recently indicated, it might be my choice. I am wondering, though, how soon cases and screen protectors (glass, hopefully) become available once a phone has been released? I was thinking of getting a Note 3 in the near future, but now I'm waiting to see what Nexus announces, which will be another delay. I'm willing to be patient in order to have a choice between devices, but I'm just wondering how much longer after it is announced or released I will likely have to wait to get a case and screen protector, which I consider necessary.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: How long does it typically take to get accessories for a newly released phone?

Nexus devices seem to be pretty well supported 3rd party. I would think there would be at least a few screen protector at launch if not right after. Official accessories are a different story..

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: How long does it typically take to get accessories for a newly released phone?

Go on ebay some chinese companies will already have accessories for unreleased phones lol

Dchl

May 1, 2014
Visit site

Normally there will be a few cases on Amazon as rumors roll in...

Otherwise big companies like Otterbox will have stuff about a week after.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

It can take a little longer for some of the bigger brands like Otterbox (e.g., they only just released their case for the iPhone 6, and haven't yet put one out for the iPhone 6 Plus), as they take a little more care to ensure they put it out 'right' the first time -- off brands will try to be first to the party, and will just come out with another if there's a worthy improvement they can make.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Otterbox still doesn't have a case for the Nexus 5. Based on that, I'm not sure if they'll release a case for the Nexus 6.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Otterbox still doesn't have a case for the Nexus 5. Based on that, I'm not sure if they'll release a case for the Nexus 6.

This..... I can't recall Otterbox really making a case for a Nexus phone at all? They are all over the iPhone market with a quickness....

Spigen had Nexus 5 cases out before the phone even released.. I got mine a few days before I got my phone and I ordered the phone the day they announced it....

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Yep don't count on Otterbox unless you have an iphone unfortunately.

RizaHawkeye

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Yup, they're big fans of iPhones there. I'd have bought an Otterbox for my N5 if they'd released one, but I'm happy with my Ballistic SG now.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Yup, they're big fans of iPhones there. I'd have bought an Otterbox for my N5 if they'd released one, but I'm happy with my Ballistic SG now.

Yeah I had a commuter case for my GS3 and really liked the form factor!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy