Google Nexus 6 Inductive charging with Turbo Charger?

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a PowerBot and am reluctant to attach the Turbo charger to it. Any knowledgeable folks out here who might know what the limit is to the inductive charging?

morphixxp

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Inductive charging with Turbo Charger?

I was just about to post the same exact question. I just received my Choe Stadium Qi charger from Amazon. I'm wondering too if attaching the turbo charger to it will cause any harm. This is my first time using a wireless charger.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Inductive charging with Turbo Charger?

A Qi charger is limited by the receiver, usually. Most pads can put out more power than the receiver can feed to the phone. From what I've seen, most Qi receivers run about 600mA charge - which is FAR too low to hurt any cellphone battery.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering this also, as I planned on buying a few wireless chargers in the next week.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Qi wireless charging is slow! Attaching the turbo charger won't increase wireless charging time.. I have 3 wireless chargers and they take about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to fully charge a dead Nexus 6.. In my opinion wireless charging is more for scheduled I know I'm not using my device for an hour charging... if you need a quick boost of power before going out plug it up or plan ahead if you are Going to charger wireless...

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Qi wireless charging is slow! Attaching the turbo charger won't increase wireless charging time.. I have 3 wireless chargers and they take about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to fully charge a dead Nexus 6.. In my opinion wireless charging is more for scheduled I know I'm not using my device for an hour charging... if you need a quick boost of power before going out plug it up or plan ahead if you are Going to charger wireless...

I haven't got either my Nexus 6 or Vu wireless charger yet (both should hopefully come next week), but I imagine wireless charging is great for when you're sitting at your home or office and just chilling around.

morphixxp

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't care really about speed because I'm only using the wireless charging mat in my night stand when I sleep. I'm just wondering if it's safe. And if it will over heat either the phone or qi mat

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't care really about speed because I'm only using the wireless charging mat in my night stand when I sleep. I'm just wondering if it's safe. And if it will over heat either the phone or qi mat

It won't do anything! The turbo charging only works with phones that have Qualcomm quick charge technology. You plug it up to a phone without it just charges like regular charger... I may be mistaken but I believe the quick charge technology is a part of the phones USB port.. also only quick charges the lower the battery % is as it battery fills up charging slows...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't got either my Nexus 6 or Vu wireless charger yet (both should hopefully come next week), but I imagine wireless charging is great for when you're sitting at your home or office and just chilling around.

And with the Vu it has it's own proprietary cable.. it's not USB so you couldn't plug it up to the Motorola turbo charger even if you wanted to..

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
When plugged into a non QC2.0 device, the Turbo charger behaves 100% like a standard USB wall wart. I wouldn't be worried.

Posted via the Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
And with the Vu it has it's own proprietary cable.. it's not USB so you couldn't plug it up to the Motorola turbo charger even if you wanted to..

I'm okay with that. At home, I'm almost always plugged in somehow, so I think the Vu would be a great use case. I'd probably carry the Turbo charger on the go, especially at work where we don't have a set desk every time.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm okay with that. At home, I'm almost always plugged in somehow, so I think the Vu would be a great use case. I'd probably carry the Turbo charger on the go, especially at work where we don't have a set desk every time.

With 3 Vu's the included turbo charger is actually still in OEM packaging... I'm pretty good at keeping my phone charged.. as soon as I dip below 50% at work it goes on the Vu.. at home on the weekend when I walk back in from being out and about on the Vu... I imagine the turbo charger going in my suitcase for trips...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield