Google Nexus 6 on AT&T

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: The AT&T Nexus 6 is SIM locked

Yes but as long as you finish out the contract or pay ETF /the phone they will unlock it though?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm sure they will, I just had the expectation that a Nexus device, regardless of where it is purchased, would be SIM unlocked. I guess my perception was far from reality.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

If you buy a phone from a carrier, I would expect it to be branded and locked. Glad to have confirmation. Thanks.

anon(42522)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Got It For AT&T from Google Play, Motorola or AT&T

so when the sim was put in to a goole /moto bought handset whats apps from att installed?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Appreciate the confirmation. That is quite unfortunate!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(42522)

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

If you buy a phone from a carrier, I would expect it to be branded and locked. Glad to have confirmation. Thanks.

Kinda thought this would happen. Wait till the Droid's 90 days are up and verizon starts selling there branded one. (roll eye's)

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

Man thanks for confirming that blows, wonder how updates come then probably though att if they have the splash screen.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Another reason I try like heck to not buy devices from ATT even though I use their network.

I would only get a nexus 6 from moto or google play. Google sold out the nexus brand to the carriers.

I may also get my data plan for my iPad air 2 from TMO because ATT locks the apple SIM to ATT if you get an ATT plan...

Posted via my OnePlus One!

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

As for bloat, the only AT&T apps that came installed were AT&T Live and myAT&T. I didn't see any additional bloat download upon activation, as some people mentioned would be the case.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Can someone show the boot screen......I am so glad I cancelled my AT&T order and got an order in on the Play store.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site

i have to say i have been with at&t since the cingular days and love the service....especially since they reduced prices months back and have been bumping up data.
however...from my experience buying devices directly from at&t as well as lots of nexus/unlocked phones from the play store or craigs list/ebay, i would have bet good money the att 6 version was going to be locked...and branded. just the hunch i had weeks ago. so i ordered through motorola. i have to wait for the 12/2 round of shipments but well worth it.

(i mentioned in another thread..sorry) i stopped by a t mobile store to check out the 6 and it had no branding and is supposed to be unlocked. that is what the rep said but she was not 100% because all they had was the one demo. also, spint will not brand theirs but who knows if they will lock it. verizon...well they take whatever att does to the next level.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

i have to say i have been with at&t since the cingular days and love the service....especially since they reduced prices months back and have been bumping up data.
however...from my experience buying devices directly from at&t as well as lots of nexus/unlocked phones from the play store or craigs list/ebay, i would have bet good money the att 6 version was going to be locked...and branded. just the hunch i had weeks ago. so i ordered through motorola. i have to wait for the 12/2 round of shipments but well worth it.

(i mentioned in another thread..sorry) i stopped by a t mobile store to check out the 6 and it had no branding and is supposed to be unlocked. that is what the rep said but she was not 100% because all they had was the one demo. also, spint will not brand theirs but who knows if they will lock it. verizon...well they take whatever att does to the next level.

T-Mobile's Nexus 6 is unlocked and unbranded. I'm currently running it on AT&T at the moment.

0xpcp

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm curious. Is the unlock a static pin? Or is it generated based on IMEI (or similar)? If no one knows, once I get my phone I'll take a look at this. As far as I know that mechanism has to be stock from Google at this point (maybe Verizon will convince Google to add their own junk), which tells me it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

0xpcp

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Also what happens if you boot loader unlock and flash the current Google image? Any difference? Or is this at the baseband level?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick