Google Nexus 6 Wireless Charger Usage

NathonRose

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
OK, so, there are comments on this phone being wobbly on a table top. If the wireless charging loop inside the phone is near the bottom, how practical will it really be to use a wireless charger? It seems like it would be balanced precariously on the base. Get/make a cradle adapter? I'd prefer to just drop the phone on a wireless charger at night. Definitely not a deal breaker, but a sad thing, I think.

Anyone try this yet? Can the reviewer, if they have a wireless charger, comment, please?

Thank you

NathonRose

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wireless Charger Usage

Interesting. I decided to look again, since the 6 is out...the wireless charger on the play store doesn't list the N6 as compatible...

hmmmm

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

I thought it was the Nexus 5 wireless chargers that were having the issues. I have seen on reddit where people said the Nexus 4 wireless charger works as well as the Nokia charger. If you go to the /r/nexus6 page over there I am sure you can find out what all will and won't work...

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Quickly got mine to work with my Nokia charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141118_211613.jpg
    20141118_211613.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 86

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I still have my Nexus 4 wireless charger and was hoping to use it with the Nexus 6.

Posted via the Android Central App

ramhses

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site

Is really weird to see that the last nexus charger do not work with the Nexus 6. That thing costs about $50 and doesn't work with a nexus product? good google. Even weird is that the official page includes the nexus 6 in the compatible list of devices.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Is really weird to see that the last nexus charger do not work with the Nexus 6. That thing costs about $50 and doesn't work with a nexus product? good google. Even weird is that the official page includes the nexus 6 in the compatible list of devices.

Have there been multiple complaints about it not working? If just one, it would be possible that an isolated phone had a problem with wireless charging, rather than the charger itself? It does seem weird that a Nexus charger wouldn't work with it, so I'm just trying to think of some other explanation.

Also, as time goes by, I'd be interested in knowing how various chargers work with a case on the phone. Specifically, I am considering getting the Spgen Neo-Hybrid and wonder if it will charge with it on. know other phones have charged with that case on, but since people are already having problems getting the N6 to charge wirelessly, I'm concerned it won't be possible with the case on ------ and I don't want to take it on and off every time I want to charge the phone.