Google Photos on Pixel 6

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I just got my Pixel 6 and I imported stuff from an iphone. The thing is that google photos wants to upload EVERYTHING I imported not just the camera picutres. I went in and moved all the folders out of the DCIM and it still keeps trying to upload everything even though I have no folders selected to be backed up. It says the only thing it will back up is the camera folder by default. That's fine. I want that. I don't want it to back up things I imported that are already in my google photos from before. How do I stop it from importing everything and just import what I want it to? Thanks.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Open Google photos and go to the library tab. It shows what's on your device by folder. Click on the folders you don't want synced and turn off backup and sync. Folders that are not synced have an outline of a cloud with a line though it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What directory did those imported pics go to initially? Was it a subdirectory of /DCIM, or was it /DCIM/Camera?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I noticed something changed on mine as well. When I go to Library it used to just show different folders I created. Now it shows a few random pictures in DCIM, which never showed up before. I tried moving those to the other folders, such as Camera, Screenshots, etc., but they pop right back into DCIM. All of the photos in DCIM are in other folders, but if I attempt to delete anything in DCIM it states they will be deleted out of all folders. Something must have changed in a recent update.