Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Pre Order / Shipping Discussion

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That isn't technically allowed with FedEx, unfortunately. Google ships them with specific restrictions against doing this for some reason. My phone arrived at the Depot about 15 min from my house on a Saturday morning. They wouldn't allow me to pick it up unless Google contacted FedEx giving specific permission to do this. Google of course said they "weren't allowed" to do this. So they'll "allow" a device valued at up to $1000 to be left at a front door with no signature, but disallow it to be secured held for pickup with a signature required for pick up. –I had to wait through the weekend but mine arrived before 8 AM on Monday morning. This was two weeks ago.

But I'm hoping @arav24 has better luck than I did . . .

FYI: Someone on the forum suggested that I take some cash and a smile and head on over to the depot to see if I could entice someone to hand it over.

I've picked up items plenty of times at FedEx. The FedEx here leaves door tags with the address of the facility to come and pick it up at a certain time. Maybe its not available for you all.

Guto Aaron

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I’m in the UK and been waiting on my XL 2 since October 4th (UK launch date is 15th November).

My order has just been changed to ‘Shipped’ with a delivery date of 14-16th. They have given a tracking number with UK Mail (that’s part of DHL, not Royal Mail) but the number doesn’t seem to work yet.

No shipping email yet though so I’m guessing delivery will be on 15/16

Guto Aaron

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I’m in the UK and been waiting on my XL 2 since October 4th (UK launch date is 15th November).

My order has just been changed to ‘Shipped’ with a delivery date of 14-16th. They have given a tracking number with UK Mail (that’s part of DHL, not Royal Mail) but the number doesn’t seem to work yet.

No shipping email yet though so I’m guessing delivery will be on 15/16

Update: Just got the shipping email. It says expected tomorrow (14th). That would be an unexpected bonus as it’s not out until Thursday.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Panda XL due for delivery today (USA) . . . it's been so many weeks since I ordered I actually forgot about it until I got the shipment notice . . .

Prath09

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
So excited. Rogers (Canada) just called they have my 2XL at the store but I can't pick it up till the 15th. I hate that we have to wait so long for the release here.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Got a shipping notification earlier today from Google that my Kinda Blue Pixel 2 has shipped! 4 days earlier than expected.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just an update - I ordered an unlocked 64gb Panda on 10/4 that had a ship date of 11/20. It shipped yesterday and I got it today. So far I'm loving it!

javierlp

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered the Kinda blue P2. Has a 2-3 week shipping estimate. Nice to see some of you are getting orders faster than the estimates Google gives.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered the Kinda blue P2. Has a 2-3 week shipping estimate. Nice to see some of you are getting orders faster than the estimates Google gives.

Yeah I originally ordered October 4th and was told it would ship on November 20th and I would get it around the 27th. It actually shipped around November 7th. I had a similar occurrence with ordering an iPhone x for my daughter it was supposed to be was supposed to be shipped by December 13th and she's getting it tomorrow.
I think it's better that they give you a shipment commitment date far in advance and you get it sooner than the opposite.

ca_steve

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my Project Fi Pixel 2 non-XL (64 GB, Just Black) on Monday 11/29 as part of the $100 Fi credit sale and it arrives today. Two day free shipping :) Lucky for me it's coming from a California warehouse.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a 64 GB Just Black 2 XL on Monday with expedited shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet. My order status page still just says "ordered" and shows that the estimated shipping date was yesterday. I chatted with support yesterday and they assured me that my phone would ship and arrive by today. The only reason I paid the extra $19 for expedited was so that it would arrive in 2 days and it looks like that won't happen. At this rate, all the accessories I ordered from Amazon last night will arrive before the phone actually does since they're mostly a competent company when it comes to shipping things on time.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I ordered 1 pixel 2 and 1 pixel 2 xl on Monday. I traded in my current two pixel phones. Both phones say shippinng on the 28th (yesterday) but don't actual say shipped with any tracking numbers. It says its they should be delivered on tomorrow or Friday but I doubt that if they haven't shipped yet.

My trade in kits have already shipped so I might have those before I get my phones. Pretty annoying so far.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a 64 GB Just Black 2 XL on Monday with expedited shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet. My order status page still just says "ordered" and shows that the estimated shipping date was yesterday. I chatted with support yesterday and they assured me that my phone would ship and arrive by today. The only reason I paid the extra $19 for expedited was so that it would arrive in 2 days and it looks like that won't happen. At this rate, all the accessories I ordered from Amazon last night will arrive before the phone actually does since they're mostly a competent company when it comes to shipping things on time.

There's a definite issue with shipping happening right now. I also ordered a Black 2 XL on Monday that was supposed to ship already and has not. There's a thread on Reddit covering the issue as well. Seems a lot of orders are moving into a "delayed" status.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
There's a definite issue with shipping happening right now. I also ordered a Black 2 XL on Monday that was supposed to ship already and has not. There's a thread on Reddit covering the issue as well. Seems a lot of orders are moving into a "delayed" status.

My order finally shipped an hour ago. It went from "shipment was delayed" a few hours ago to randomly shipping a few hours later. It'll be arriving tomorrow via FedEx Overnight. Whatever Google uses for shipping and logistics is definitely in need of an overhaul but I'm glad the phone will finally be arriving.

redimpala01

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Google pixel 2 xl on Nov 25th. I realized the shipping would be too long so I canceled it to reorder another one in a different coords. Long story short.... It's been 6 days and my refund hasn't been reissued to our Google financing card. I called synchrony back last night and the told me it could take up to 10 days for the funds to appear in our account. Anyone else deal with this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753