Google Pixel 4a vs Galaxy Samsung S10E

kayelondon

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
hi, am in the market for a new phone & have boiled it down to the above 2. The phone that I would like has a great camera, no larger than 6" screen & a decent music player (free) for listening to my music offline. I had my heart set on the Pixel 4a but then read various reviews from current users that Youtube Music buffers a lot whilst listening offline. I do not wish to pay for YT Premium I just want a free app, upload my music & go on my merry way. Anyone have some input?

Thanks for the advice, I put 2 different threads up due to really wanting the Google Pixel 4a however with Youtube music free buffering, worrying about listening to music whilst running! With a deal on at Curry's for £299 I have in fact decided to go with the Pixel 4a & hope that I overcome the music issues.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You're not locked in to YT Music if you get a 4a, unless that's where your library is. There are myriad other music players that you could install if you're manually copying your music to your device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I see you are a newer user here - welcome to Android Central! While both of the phones you describe would likely give you a great experience, if you are looking for a better camera app, I would suggest the Pixel 4a. Though the S10e has a pretty good camera, the 4a's camera will have better image stabilization.

I have an S10 and though I enjoy my camera, I definitely miss the performance of my Pixel 2's camera. I've heard nothing but good things about the 4a.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

kayelondon

Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, I put 2 different threads up due to really wanting the Google Pixel 4a however with Youtube music free buffering, worrying about listening to music whilst running! With a deal on at Curry's for £299 I have in fact decided to go with the Pixel 4a & hope that I overcome the music issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17