Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to say this without worrying a lot of people, but in my experience the Google customer service reps/support people do not have a clue what is going on with your orders. Once those orders have been send to the fulfillment company, they can only guess and/or "follow the script" when responding to questions concerning status.

Based on the Nexus 6P and earlier Nexus 5 fiascos, I am convinced that orders reach the fulfillment house (Ingram Micro, currently) and are processed in roughly last-in, first-out sequence. The first batch of orders gets printed and then they begin shipping them, drawing new orders from the top of the stack. Suddenly a new batch of orders is generated and they (I swear!) put them on the top of the pile and once again begin drawing from the top of the stack. As you can imagine, this leads to recent orders being shipped before older ones and, in particular, the earliest orders (those placed within minutes/hours of go-live) often end up being the last ones shipped. This seems to be exactly what happened with the 6P.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I had originally ordered from Play on 10/13 with late November eta. Cancelled it after I was able to order through Fi on 10/18 with late October eta. Just got shipping notification via FedEx tracking number but not yet visible in their tracking system.

Pixel XL 32 GB Black
I ordered the same exact day as you through fi. Same exact phone. Did you pay for expedited shipping?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had originally ordered from Play on 10/13 with late November eta. Cancelled it after I was able to order through Fi on 10/18 with late October eta. Just got shipping notification via FedEx tracking number but not yet visible in their tracking system.

Pixel XL 32 GB Black
That really odd. I ordered through Fi on 10/16 and I'm showing preordered with delivery between Nov 23 to 25. How does that work?

awinash

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just to update on my order, I ordered from GS on 10/4 within the first hour of the pre-order being up. Silver Pixel XL 32GB. Got shipping notification on 10/20 at 10:30am EST. This morning 10/21 tracking has updated in fedex to show it's sitting in Bloomington, CA. I chose free shipping so the estimated delivery date is 10/26 which is on track with the estimate google gave of 10/26-10/28. Really regretting not doing expedited shipping, now I wait and refresh the fedex tracking very often hoping for an earlier delivery date :).

Mine is exactly the same scenario as yours. Except, my shipping date which until last night was showing as 10/26, today got changed to 10/27 and the phone is still sitting in Bloomington, CA. Also, While the shipping date was showing at 10/26, the weight of the package for 1.x lbs. Today, the package weight changed to 2 lbs. Wonder if they're connected!

And yes, I do regret not going the expedited route too! :(

awinash

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to say this without worrying a lot of people, but in my experience the Google customer service reps/support people do not have a clue what is going on with your orders. Once those orders have been send to the fulfillment company, they can only guess and/or "follow the script" when responding to questions concerning status.

Based on the Nexus 6P and earlier Nexus 5 fiascos, I am convinced that orders reach the fulfillment house (Ingram Micro, currently) and are processed in roughly last-in, first-out sequence. The first batch of orders gets printed and then they begin shipping them, drawing new orders from the top of the stack. Suddenly a new batch of orders is generated and they (I swear!) put them on the top of the pile and once again begin drawing from the top of the stack. As you can imagine, this leads to recent orders being shipped before older ones and, in particular, the earliest orders (those placed within minutes/hours of go-live) often end up being the last ones shipped. This seems to be exactly what happened with the 6P.

I'd hate for that to be true! Any source for that information?

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
After digging thru threads, this is what I found from google store orders:

Latest order date of Pixel XL that has shipped:

32GB Silver - 10/9
32GB Black - 10/18
128GB Silver - 10/4
128GB Black - 10/5

If you have a later order from GS and has shipped, let me know and Ill update....for now :)

Fantastic! Thank you for this data.

Jeffm201

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
If you order through Fi, does it just come unlocked with a separate SIM card? I'm half tempted to cancel my Pending order and order again through Fi since, from what I've seen, will ship a black XL 32 by Monday. Once it arrives, I will cancel Fi and take the Pixel to Sprint.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd hate for that to be true! Any source for that information?

My personal experience having purchased every Nexus phones from Google and the experiences of many, many, others. Feel free to scan the second half of this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ed-my-nexus-6p-order-shipping-discussion.html There are many, many, examples of people ordering phones weeks after go-live and receiving them before folks who pre-ordered in the first few days. Myself included.

Adam Aldrich

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I finally got my shipping email today. I preordered on the 4th with free shipping and was in Processing status for 3 days. I live in San Diego, CA but they are shipping from Carol Stream, IL. Scheduled delivery is 10/27. I totally got the short end of the stick on this one. I can't believe I have to wait another week! I will pay for faster shipping from now on whenever I order for Google. Ugh!

ctoungette

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a Pixel XL 128gb in quite black on 10/4 with expedited shipping and mine is still sitting at processing. I have spoke to google support several times and get the same response. "everything is ok with your order for deliver between 10/21-10/24. The only logical answer is they are using my pre-ordered DJI Mavic Pro to deliver it.:-$

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've spoken with Google support several times as well and they are saying the same thing. Everything apparently looks good and it will be here within the dates specified. I even called my credit card company to make sure that there is nothing wrong on their end, since larger purchases sometimes get flagged, but its all good with them too. The Google store site says they are all sold out so I tried to go through Fi just out of curiosity. I checked the XL 32 and added it to a plan and got to the confirm page. It says it will ship from the warehouse by 10/24. So something is going on here and I am pretty confident mine will not be here by Monday. I pre-ordered on 10/7 for an unlocked XL 32.

I gave up on my GS order. I canceled once I was able to go to Best Buy and get an XL. Best Buy seems to have stock of the Silver 32GB XL's, at least in my area (Orlando, FL)

awinash

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my shipping email today. I preordered on the 4th with free shipping and was in Processing status for 3 days. I live in San Diego, CA but they are shipping from Carol Stream, IL. Scheduled delivery is 10/27. I totally got the short end of the stick on this one. I can't believe I have to wait another week! I will pay for faster shipping from now on whenever I order for Google. Ugh!

Might have made sense for Google to ship yours from Bloomington, CA. Would have really been great if they allowed you to pick it up from their warehouse! But that's just me dreaming big.

wesco93

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Just got a shipping notification from Google. 32gb silver XL with November 23-25 ship dates. Went to processing on the 19th. Delivery on Monday the 24th. Hopefully others with November ship dates will ship soon like mine!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the same exact day as you through fi. Same exact phone. Did you pay for expedited shipping?

That really odd. I ordered through Fi on 10/16 and I'm showing preordered with delivery between Nov 23 to 25. How does that work?

Not sure what the difference would be. Again, this was the 32GB XL in Black, just to be sure we are on the same page. No expedited shipping.
When I was submitting the order, it said it would ship on 10/21, and after the order was submitted it showed a delivery window of 10/27-10/31.
Capture2.PNG
Tracking is showing that the label has been created with an anticipated ship date of today (from Carol Stream, IL) and delivery anticipated on Tuesday, 10/25 (Charleston, SC).

Some people have conjectured that having the insurance feature might have delayed it. I don't know why it would, but if that is a factor, I had not elected for it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz