Google Pixel XL - Preorder /order/shipping thread

chillywig

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Well, just got off the phone with Verizon and they tell me both the mobile site showing November 18th and the web site showing December 26th is also wrong and the real shipping date is actually next Friday, November 25th. We'll see.
What the heck. Black Friday. Do we get the black Friday discount?

The only way this could be more frustrating is to send out those buying on black Friday at a discounted rate and make us wait till 12-26 like the website shows and still pay full price.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
on the phone right now, im told its january for sure now, not sooner. told the guy to cancel it and tell his company to go to H***. what a crappy way to bring a product to market. im 100% out now of the pixel idea. on to the next phone....

gsweinberg87

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the core team and now they're telling me the expected ship date is not until December 26th. I told them well thanks for the updated email. Also I told them I can't believe a multimillion-dollar corporation like Verizon Wireless doesn't have their act together when it comes to order statuses there's no way that the desktop site I can show you one thing the mobile site another and the mobile app something completely different. I also told the Dum Dums I don't understand how you want people to pay $1,000 for a phone and can't even get accurate shipping dates and expect people to wait months on end with the lack of communication that Verizon Wireless is extending right now. Also told them that they might want to pass that info on to their Geniuses is in the marketing department don't run a buy one get one 50% off special on something that you have on backorder till right after Christmas because most likely people that order now or not going to get their phones till January of next year and we'll just be just as frustrated as people like us who pre-order.

Hopefully I helped stir the pot a little at Verizon for others like people in here who are frustrated

Well it looks like I'm keeping my fi order....

Ordered a QB Pixel XL 128 through Verizon on 10/19, with original ship date of 11/18. Last night I checked the status of the order and saw that it had been pushed to 12/26 ship date; no email, no notification, nothing. This morning, I cancelled my Verizon Pixel order. I'm over Verizon and the Pixel. It would be 2017 by the time I get it and Samsung will be close to having some new options by then.

Last edited:

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Nice job laying the truth out to Verizon. I had such a nice Rep on the phone this morning I vented very nicely and at the end assured him it wasn't his fault. Sure been a f'd up year for Android phones (Note 7 smokers and Pixel XL delays)!

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm on phone now.....mine didn't ship as I was told and they are saying 11/25

I didn't cancel because they told me it was just one more week to the 11/25 date, but I bet the web page for Verizon showing 12/26 is actually correct. If so, I will cancel. I really wanted the Pixel to get the latest OS and quick updates, but this delay is the last straw. Was going to overlook the fact the Pixels are not water resistant and don't have wireless charging, but to wait going on 3 months from release and pay over $900 for something missing features I like doesn't make sense. Not to mention I use my phone for work and there are multiple threads about dropped calls and low signal. Heck, the S8 will only be a couple of months behind when I get the Pixel and I'd bet anything it will be waterproof and have wireless charging. Just too bad.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure I can trust Samsung after the Note 7 fireball. Obviously, they HAVE to pull their S*&T together, so their new phones will probably be perfect...maybe. And I don't want a small screen S8. You do have valid points against the Pixel though.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I can trust Samsung after the Note 7 fireball. Obviously, they HAVE to pull their S*&T together, so their new phones will probably be perfect...maybe. And I don't want a small screen S8. You do have valid points against the Pixel though.

Yes, Samsung does need to get it right on the S8. I was actually going to get the S7 this year, but I absolutely can't stand the edge type screens. Hope the S8 larger screen version is not edge only next year, assuming I don't still get the Pixel.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the S7 and sold it on eBay when I got the Note 7. I despise the "Edge" and will never buy any phone with them again. That was the one thing I hated about the Note 7 besides the fact that I had to return it for the fire issue! I was kind of shocked when I saw the Note 7 wasn't a flat screen. Samsung with their stupid edges and curved TVs, Please stop!

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Ordered from the Google store on 10/21 5:46 CST (or would that be daylight now 😝). Pixel XL QB 128g. Received it yesterday and after having it for a day I'm glad I waited. Very nice.

anon(257429)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
OK, as I mentioned above, I was one of those that ordered on 10/20 and had a ship date of yesterday. To my surprise, late last night status changed to "shipped" on 11/17, which was even a day earlier. Thought it was odd that my credit card was never charged and I never received an email about the shipping. Now this morning it switched back to processing with a ship date of 12/26. Complete BS. I'm cancelling. The S8 will be out before I get this thing. I believe that Verizon is stopping shipments because of the connectivity issues people are having. Maybe they will ship after there is a software fix, or they're waiting on a new batch to be manufactured.

I wouldn't have cancelled. My phone was suppose to be delivered on 10/20. It got pushed back to 11/18. Received it on 11/02. I don't know what connectivity issues that are going on. But my phone hasn't dropped a call since I had.

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I was assured by several Verizon representatives that my 10/20 online order for Pixel XL was definitely going to be shipped on November 18th. That day came and went. On the morning of November 19th, I checked the order status and it now said processing, scheduled ship date 12/26. No email about the delay, nothing. No explanation. I got that when I called the "core" team at Verizon. Too many orders, not enough stock.