Google Play Services

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So my battery was draining FAST and checked and saw Google Play Services was the culprit. I force stopped it. Anything else I should do?

gknicks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, it's usually a update pending thing or Just reboot weekly to help keep cache down and battery running effeciently

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I do not think I was getting updates. Ca re to remind me how to do the cache clear again? Been awhile. Lol
Turn off phone. Hold volume up, bixby and power button at the same time. Wait until the Galaxy screen that pops up on initial power up turns blue. Then wait a few seconds for the phone to boot into a recovery menu. After that it's pretty self explanatory with instructions to navigate the menu right on screen. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and power button to select. Scroll down to wipe cache partition and hit power key. On next page confirm it by selecting yes. Cache will clear in a few seconds. Then using the voulme keys navigate to reboot phone. Hit power to confirm. You are done.

acsonlines

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I know this thread's slightly old but it describes exactly the issues I was experiencing - and was driving me nuts.

Anyway, I can confirm a fix (for myself on my S8 es), having tried all kinds of settings, cache clearing, reboots, location update settings, etc..

I uninstalled Google Play Services and then updated it. This not only cleared data but also reset to what the phone thought was the appropriate version. Since then everything is back to normal, with stellar battery life.

It's not without side affects though. I had to re-enable backup, Inbox settings and re-enroll cards into Android Pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade