Google Search bar overlaps apps with GEL installed on 4.4.

kal1209

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I installed the Google experience launcher last night and all is well but I noticed the search bar covers my apps when my nexus 7 is in landscape mode. Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

anonymosu2042

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) Google search bar overlaps apps with GEL installed on 4.4

Its normal, i have it too.

What if i told you

android is superior to ios

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) Google search bar overlaps apps with GEL installed on 4.4

GEL was only officially released for the Nexus 5 and launchers on phones don't typically rotate, so they only cared about portrait. This is also why when you rotate it, there is no rotation animation and it just refreshes and looks terrible. You will notice that there is not a similar load with the default launcher as it rotates; it has a very smooth rotation animation.

I ended up uninstalling GEL on my N7 because of this, but I really like it on my N4; I hope that they end up making it for tablets.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

I installed the Google experience launcher last night and all is well but I noticed the search bar covers my apps when my nexus 7 is in landscape mode. Does this happen to anyone else?

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, seems to be normal since GEL was intended for the Nexus 5 phone, not tablets. Maybe they'll eventually do it right for everybody.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

GEL was only officially released for the Nexus 5 and launchers on phones don't typically rotate, so they only cared about portrait. This is also why when you rotate it, there is no rotation animation and it just refreshes and looks terrible. You will notice that there is not a similar load with the default launcher as it rotates; it has a very smooth rotation animation.

I ended up uninstalling GEL on my N7 because of this, but I really like it on my N4; I hope that they end up making it for tablets.

I don't care about the rotation animation or lack thereof. Those issues aren't enough to make me switch back to the original launcher.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Whatever it was seems to be fixed in Android 4.4.2. No more Google bar in landscape, and rotation animation is back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter