Google Store phones and Verizon fees

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Can any Verizon customer that received their 2 or 2 XL from the Google Store tell me if Verizon charged you their $30 device activation fee when you started using your new Pixel?

Thanks for your help!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Can any Verizon customer that received their 2 or 2 XL from the Google Store tell me if Verizon charged you their $30 device activation fee when you started using your new Pixel?

Thanks for your help!
I'm going to act shocked when they try to charge me the activation fee and request that they drop it. It's found money for them for nothing.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I know when I bought my Moto X Pure from Motorola 2 years ago, I moved my SIM to it no problem and just started using it, no fees from Verizon.

But I swear I read that when they started charging $30 for activation that they would start charging for phones bought outside of Verizon. So I am curious if that is really the case.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the Pixel XL 2 from Google with the Verizon Sim should use the new sim or just swap the SIM from my current XL?

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
No activation fee on the unlocked phone. I've bought only unlocked phones every year since the OG Moto X in 2013 and have never been charged a fee by Verizon.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Verizon only charges on their upgrades purchased through them. You can call after they charge if you are a long term customer to remove the charge. They won't remove it but will credit your account.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Verizon only charges on their upgrades purchased through them. You can call after they charge if you are a long term customer to remove the charge. They won't remove it but will credit your account.
Never been charged a fee for swapping my SIM over. I was charged when I bought the iPhone X though. It was purchased direct from Apple and was the Verizon variant of course that came with a SIM. I called and pretended to be angry and they gave me 30 bucks in credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackybeny