Google Talk Disconnect Issue

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Whenever I do not use my Google Talk for a few minutes it shows me as being "away", but whenever anyone sends me a message I get an immediate alert.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriends G Talk on the droid is still doing this. When I'm talking to her using google talk from a PC, it shows her as signing on and off CONSTANTLY.

I have never noticed whether or not this happens within the G Talk app on the droid.

I'm also starting to wonder if my droid does this, and I just don't know it. I would venture a guess probably not, but I'm also usually signed on to G Talk from at least 2-3 places between my phone/work PC/home PC/laptop, so it might not be noticeable.

I have not had any issues with it showing me (or my friends) as "offline" when they are actually online, thankfully. I still hope the sign on/off cycling is fixed soon though.

UPDATE:

just looked at my phone, and my PC at the same time -- the phone doesn't register her signing on and off constantly, just on the PC.

FWIW -- I use Pidgin for all my IM'ing on my PC. But I did just download Google's GTALK app, and it does the same thing. Looks like the phone doesn't update often enough to catch it, but the PC does.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

purwater

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that my friend with a blackberry will alternate between online and offline fairly often. I can still send a message and he gets it quick and replies back. Anytime he sends me a message I get it whether he shows me online or not. I'm not sure the status means anything with g talk. So far I've been using it to supplement my lack of bb messenger until a reliable yahoo msg app comes along. I keep hoping yahoo will release a messenger of their own.

itzperch

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
My GCHAT is awfulllll !!! I am always knocked off. It only works it seems when I am in an active chat. I am coming from a storm, and let me tell you, the IM on that device is far superior. BBM you CANNOT log out of, unless you delete the program. Otherwise you are logged in 24/7.

jdougal

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I've got to say that I have had issues with google talk as well. I'm constantly being signed on and off. This has been my biggest issue with the phone so far (outside the facebook app and spellcheck). I'm hoping that things improve or that someone can suggest a good replacement.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
The "logged off" issue is just a status issue. It will show you or your friends as being off or away but the messaging will still work just fine. I have sat right next to a friend who was actively in his Google Talk while I was in mine. He was listed as being "away" on mine and vice versa. He went back to his home screen and I sent him a message. Within three seconds he got it.

If you send a message or are sent a message it will go through unless you have adjusted a setting or killed the app.

Note- This is from my personal experience. I have not found the status to be an issue when it comes to communication.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74