Google Text-to-Speech Won't Stop Downloading

nrjperera

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-08-06-01-25-06.png

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S Duos II running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Couple of weeks ago I tried out the read out loud (TTS) feature on the Pocket app. It worked perfectly fine, and then a female TTS file started downloading. I assumed it was an update so I let it download, but it never completed. I left the phone on for 2 days hoping it would be completed, but not a single byte was downloaded.

I tried cancelling the update process but it kept coming back every once in a while, whenever I update an app or open a webpage, it came back and I had to keep tapping on it to cancel. It's been almost a month. As you can imagine it is driving me nuts.

I tried Google searching for a solution and found out that I'm not the only one with this kind of a problem. So, I tried several of the solutions some forum posts had mentioned, but none of them worked so far.

Here's what I tried so far -
  • Disabling Google TTS automatic updates
  • Removing the Google TTS Speech Recognition
  • Removing the Pocket app
  • Clearing download list
  • Clearing cache

Someone please help me solve this issue, I'm moments away from smashing my device on the ground.
Thanks in advance.

james yl

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
A very simple way for all Android phone to stop and clear downloading
Step.1. Go setting >
Step.2 App>
Step.3. Go in All >
Step.4. Search two App 1) Downloads and 2) Download manger
Step.5. Now click on Clear data and Clear cache option of both app.
Now , you can see this type of sign " ❗" is remove from download notification .

- Thanks

THANK YOU... problam solve

Last edited by a moderator:

JAINAM MEHTA1

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 133687

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S Duos II running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2

Couple of weeks ago I tried out the read out loud (TTS) feature on the Pocket app. It worked perfectly fine, and then a female TTS file started downloading. I assumed it was an update so I let it download, but it never completed. I left the phone on for 2 days hoping it would be completed, but not a single byte was downloaded.

I tried cancelling the update process but it kept coming back every once in a while, whenever I update an app or open a webpage, it came back and I had to keep tapping on it to cancel. It's been almost a month. As you can imagine it is driving me nuts.

I tried Google searching for a solution and found out that I'm not the only one with this kind of a problem. So, I tried several of the solutions some forum posts had mentioned, but none of them worked so far.

Here's what I tried so far -
  • Disabling Google TTS automatic updates
  • Removing the Google TTS Speech Recognition
  • Removing the Pocket app
  • Clearing download list
  • Clearing cache

Someone please help me solve this issue, I'm moments away from smashing my device on the ground.
Thanks in advance.

I know how to do it: settings < language and input < text-to-speech output < google text-to-speech engine < settings for (it) [and then disable the options] > (go back) < install voice data [and cancel the download that's been irritating your ***!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Hale Jr

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
Clearing Download Manager cache + force stop turned out to be only a temporary fix. Here are 2 menu paths to settings that may be more permanent, especially #1 . Been dealing with this for weeks. Just tried these today ... can't hurt.

For Galaxy S3, SCH-1535 running Android 4.4.2:

1. Settings > Language and input > Voice search > Offline speech recognition (Manage downloaded languages) > Auto update (tab at top right corner of screen)> select "Do not auto-update languages" radio button.

2. Settings > Language and input > Text-to-speech [TTS] options > Google TTS Engine (radio button)> Settings (gear wheel) > Settings for Google TTS > turnoff all options.

anirudhamahale

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
You can stop it by following these steps:
  • Open Google app
  • Click on Hamberger icon
  • Click on Settings
  • Click on Voice
  • Offline speech recognition
  • Now here select the language and click uninstall or stop the download.
You are done.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
not working on my android 7.0.

As the download manager cache is cleared, the persistent downloading... Is replaced with the number of megabytes and the download symbol. Still, downloading never completes.

Strangely, vocalizer downloading tool is having the same problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noteshome