Google Voice for Voicemail

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Google Voice to manage my voicemail for several years (maybe all the way back to the HTC Incredible days).

I'm in Verizon, so every time I configure a new phone to use Google Voice for my voicemail, I get the following message, "Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration. To use Google Voice as your voicemail provider, please visit the Google Voice Help Center for more information."

With all my previous phones, Google Voice simply starts working after I get this message (i.e. receiving my voicemail rather than Verizon), however this isn't the case with my new S7. I can't seem to get Google Voice to receive my voicemail. I get the message shown above, my phone settings show Voice Mail Service is using Google Voice, yet voicemails are still routed to the Verizon message system.

Any other Google Voicers having this problem?

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon as well, and I use GV. I have it working as designed on my S7. You need to go into "Settings--->Applications-->Phone-->Voicemail Service--->and set for Google Voice.

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site

cb42

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
The voicemail settings on my s7 only lists the carrier - google voice is NOT an option. AT&T is my carrier.

Last edited:

tlstephens78

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Maybe you guys can help me?

A friend of mine just got a new S7 and installed current version of google voice on 03/01/17, I use GV and always help her with her phone but I'm using an iPhone with GV, I've had androids but my last one was a year ago anyways Here is the problem:

I can't get past the help screen/tutorial! When the app first loads the help screen comes up, tells how to setup google voice account and phone number on the website but I already have all that done, there is no way to continue past this help screen, if I exit out it closes the whole app and when I open it back up it comes back to the help screen, there is nothing on the help screen about logging in to the app. The older versions you logged in when you open the app. On the section that mentions there is an app for the phone you click on it, you are taken to Google Play which shows the app is already installed, you only have the option to uninstall or open, if you click open you go right back to the help screen you are on. If you click on the options drop down for the app at the top right there are no options for google voice only for the help section. It's like someone updated the app but removed everything but the help section.

Note: I did suspect maybe GV logs in using the Google account info for the phone, but when I went to settings/google/accounts it has her gmail account listed as being logged in, I checked a section called Connected Apps and GV was not listed. I'm not sure what to do here.

I work on computers for a living, from tech work, networking, development. But to be honest I like my phones simple, I was happy with my Motorola SLVR, I'm not into phones with big *** screens and a **** load of apps, I have a laptop and a tablet, I don't need another complicated device, cheap and easy to replace. What I'm saying is if you know what I'm missing Im not tech disabled, I just don't do phones so you don't have to spare the tech talk. Just tell me what I'm missing this was my first time touching an S7 but I think I checked the most obvious. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753