Google Voice Integration questions

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of moving my number to GV. I've read a ton of threads, but many were when it first came out.

If I do move my number:

1) Can I use the existing visual vm on my phone? I know for txt I can, but can I still send/receive txt from the web using GV?

2) Is it still true that if I call people with Sprint from my phone, they will be charged because my number will be considered a landline?

3) Has anyone had any problems with downtime, delays, missing calls etc? I am slightly worried that adding google into the mix can create a finger pointing situation (call Sprint, no it's google, no call sprint) when things go wrong.

4) Do you use call screening? It seems handy, but having to press a button after answering to really answer the call seems like a hassle. Does it work different on a sprint phone?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
#1 - Not sure. Never used another visual voicemail besides Voice. Transcriptions are not always the best, but usually get enough right to allow me to decide whether or not I need to actually listen to the message.

#2 - If your Sprint number and GV number are the same, then I don't believe it matters. If you are using a second number as your GV number, then I believe it counts as a landline (or at least not mobile), and therefor against anytime minutes.

#3 - I have not had any issues using GV. For me it is nice because I have two phones, and can have a call ring through to a second phone. This allows me to only carry one phone if I want.

#4 - I do not use the call screening. You can turn that off in the settings if you want it to be like any other call.

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The newer numbers from Google voice are not all landlines. You can use number guru to find out. My Google voice number was originally a metro pcs number so it still shows as a mobile number when I call other people.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc