Google Voice "Receive text messages" setting question

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
In the Google Voice App settings under > Sync and notification > notifications > "Receive text messages" > there are two options 1) Receive text messages Via the Google Voice app; and 2) Receive text messages Via the messaging app. What's the difference? I've tried them both and I can't figure out what the difference is between the two options. Thanks.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
One uses the native messaging app, one uses the Google Voice app for SMS.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Okay, that makes sense and is pretty obvious. I think I got confused because I forgot in the Google Voice settings you access from the web I had the setting enabled that forwards your GV messages to your phone's native messaging. So even though I was trying out both settings from my phone's app menu, the GV SMS messages were still being forwarded to the phone's native messaging.

koray00

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have another question related with google voice receiving messages:

Is there any way to activate or deactivate receiving text feature with SMS command? Im saying a command would work without a data connection

for example texting " RECEIVE TEXT ON" or " RECEIVE TEXT OFF" to a specific number (or your google voice number) will enable or disable when you dont have data connection??

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky