Google voice typing issue

DroidDawgS4

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I love Swiftkey, it's fantastic. I do like the Samsung keyboard too, and I also would like to get that Google Voice input, but I can't get it going, even following what all the folks have done here. I'll end up back on Swiftkey as well.

I had this issue too. And although I like SwiftKey, Samsung's keyboard is still better (it essentially uses Swype). But, like others, I think Samsung's Voice Input is terrible compared to Google's. So, I dug a bit deeper. It turns out Samsung disabled Google Voice Input. So, if you set the Samsung kb as the default, Google Voice Input will NOT be available. Your only choices are to use Samsung's Voice Input or to disable voice input altogether (as others have found).

If anyone can find a way around this that still allows the use of the Samsung keyboard, that would be great.

Note to Apple posters - We don't need to debate Siri (or any other Apple product) here. None of us are going to install Siri on our Note 7's (if for no other reason, because we can't). This is a product specific issue on a product specific forum.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue too. And although I like SwiftKey, Samsung's keyboard is still better (it essentially uses Swype). But, like others, I think Samsung's Voice Input is terrible compared to Google's. So, I dug a bit deeper. It turns out Samsung disabled Google Voice Input. So, if you set the Samsung kb as the default, Google Voice Input will NOT be available. Your only choices are to use Samsung's Voice Input or to disable voice input altogether (as others have found).

If anyone can find a way around this that still allows the use of the Samsung keyboard, that would be great.

Note to Apple posters - We don't need to debate Siri (or any other Apple product) here. None of us are going to install Siri on our Note 7's (if for no other reason, because we can't). This is a product specific issue on a product specific forum.

Ha! I had placebo effect!

That does it. I'm replacing the stock keyboard. I love Google Voice Input. It's the best.

traceytaylor

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hell, yes. And I prefer the Samsung keyboard with the dedicated numerals row. But I despise the Samsung S-voice, and if you disable it, there's no Google Voice input supported. Sux.

Rottweiler4949

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hell, yes. And I prefer the Samsung keyboard with the dedicated numerals row. But I despise the Samsung S-voice, and if you disable it, there's no Google Voice input supported. Sux.

Another option is to download Google Keyboard from the Play Store. Then you can make that your default keyboard. It gave me Google voice typing on my Note 7.

Rottweiler4949

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Another option is to download Google Keyboard from the Play Store. Then you can make that your default keyboard. It gave me Google voice typing on my Note 7.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If i turn off Samsung voice input the microphone won't even turn on. Samsung voice is terrible.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same for me i had tried this already and just tried again to no avail. If you turn off the svoice mic you get no Mic voice at all in the keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter