Got my Nexus 6, and I HATE Lollipop, especially the photos app

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
This update sucks, to me. I hate that the photos app has no album view. Why is this? This is as dumb as Chrome dropping the refresh button. Why?

I also HATE the volume controls. Why does this have to have 3 different modes? I downloaded SHUSH! I turn ringer off for 8 hours, I go to bed. My alarm will ring in silent mode, the ringer turns it self back on a few minutes after I get up.

Why did we have to have the three levels? It's confusing, broke SHUSH! and is just dumb.

Why change the pull down shade? I used to just pull down the shade, tap my battery icon, and check out what's using it. They buried that now. I have to add a widget or shortcut for that now.

There are several more things, but the simple fast things they made more complicated, with no real added value. Very disappointed Android Uber Faithful here.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
This update sucks, to me. I hate that the photos app has no album view. Why is this? This is as dumb as Chrome dropping the refresh button. Why?

Open Photos. Tap the three line icon on the top left corner. Choose "Albums" from the dropdown.

Why does this have to have 3 different modes? I downloaded SHUSH! I turn ringer off for 8 hours, I go to bed. My alarm will ring in silent mode, the ringer turns it self back on a few minutes after I get up.
I set my Priority mode between 22:30 and 6:30. My alarm goes off at 6:20. By the time I'm out of bed, the phone is back in the normal mode. Without any third-party app.

Why change the pull down shade? I used to just pull down the shade, tap my battery icon, and check out what's using it. They buried that now. I have to add a widget or shortcut for that now.
Pull down the quick settings directly with two fingers. Tap the battery icon on top.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Open Photos. Tap the three line icon on the top left corner. Choose "Albums" from the dropdown.

I set my Priority mode between 22:30 and 6:30. My alarm goes off at 6:20. By the time I'm out of bed, the phone is back in the normal mode. Without any third-party app.

Pull down the quick settings directly with two fingers. Tap the battery icon on top.

Nope on the album. This does not exist on my Nexus 6, nor my wife's nexus 5.

Priority mode is confusing, and needs much better documentation. I am super duper tech savy, and in fact, I have been side loading and rooting since 2.3. The volume controls are stupid, IMO.

Thanks on the two fingers to get to battery mode!

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. You mean you don't see the "Albums" entry like below on your devices? I see it both on my N5 and 2012 N7.

2014-11-27 06.12.09.jpg

I agree that the Priority mode can be confusing, though we're probably not talking about the same thing. One thing I wish they made clearer is, what criteria they use to filter out priority messages and calls. For instance, my wife is a starred contact. When she sends me a Hangout message while my phone is in priority mode, it will come through ONLY if her phone number is part of her contact information on my phone. Otherwise, they will not, even if they are Hangout messages and not SMS.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not Albums. Choose On Device.

As nearly as I can tell, Albums refers to something else.

Posted via the Android Central App

bblakes

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi, sorry to tag on to this thread after so long, but this is the first specific discussion of the missing Lollipop Album function I have found. I also have N5 that doesn't have basic Album functionality. It seems that I need to log into Google Photos specifically by opening the photos app, then hitting Highlights tab which then prompts me to log into Photos "to make them awesome". At that point I see an album option in the menu pulldown, but it only sees photos I have backed up to Drive and still doesn't allow creation or editing of album content.

Does this sound like familiar Photo app behavior or is this truly poor app design on Nexus devices?

If you have any further information on this topic please share. I don't really want a 3rd party photo app, but this is such basic functionality I find it hard to believe it is not a bug that hasn't been noticed.

Thanks....

jredfox

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problems that you mentioned. The battery is failing all of the time, where it used to be good for about 2-3 days. Also the wireless seems to drop or not connect at all. All very weird "upgrades". I am not so tech savvy as others, however I came across this post on craigs list. (you can do a search on Craig's List Boston for "lollipop" or just send me a private message) I paid this person $30. I am back to KitKat and couldn't be happier. I was going crazy with Lollipop. She was awesome at downgrading Lollipop to KitKat for me. Hope this helps you guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance