Got reliable info about future devices on VZW.

mettec

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
My sister and her fiance who happens to work at Verizon Corporate Headquarters in Marketing are here visiting for the Memorial Day weekend. I asked him what is the deal that VZW has no new devices other then the Droid Inc LTE and that has no release date. All he could tell me is that they do have a number of devices coming out but it will be after they start the new shared data plans. This is for obvious reasons! He could not tell me what devices are coming due to a confidential agreement that he has. So there you have it.

Will just have to wait until after the new data share plans start then should see some new devices within weeks.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My sister and her fiance who happens to work at Verizon Corporate Headquarters in Marketing are here visiting for the Memorial Day weekend. I asked him what is the deal that VZW has no new devices other then the Droid Inc LTE and that has no release date. All he could tell me is that they do have a number of devices coming out but it will be after they start the new shared data plans. This is for obvious reasons! He could not tell me what devices are coming due to a confidential agreement that he has. So there you have it.

Will just have to wait until after the new data share plans start then should see some new devices within weeks.

Why make this post at all? You told us nothing the next man on the street could not have told us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well it does make sense, I mean verizon isn't going to release some new super phone and let people get unlimited data. They are greedy and want more $$$$. That is why as soon as the new plans come out I think the floodgates will open with new devices on verizon.

Reactions: seeingwhite

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Meh, whatever. I'll just upgrade to the Maxx the day before the new data plans take effect at Costco, then go back and exchange for the SG3 when it comes out.

I doubt they'll be waiting 90 days to release it.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just want to know what the new data plan structure will be like... Does anyone know when VZW is going to release the details? If it works out for me then I'll wait for the new plans and to upgrade. If not, I'll get the Maxx now, then sell that and buy a new device off contract when the new devices launch.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Meh, whatever. I'll just upgrade to the Maxx the day before the new data plans take effect at Costco, then go back and exchange for the SG3 when it comes out.

I doubt they'll be waiting 90 days to release it.

if you do that and the new plans are in effect you will have to get one of those because when you return the phone it resets your contract date so when you got the new phone would be the new date and if it fell under when unlimited grandfathering is no more you will be SOL.

91_z28_4me

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I just want to know what the new data plan structure will be like... Does anyone know when VZW is going to release the details? If it works out for me then I'll wait for the new plans and to upgrade. If not, I'll get the Maxx now, then sell that and buy a new device off contract when the new devices launch.

THIS. Right now the Sprint MVNO, Ting, is catching my attention. Or one of the $30 Tmobile plans.

Radman

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
question about the new plans. i have a 4g phone now with unlimited data that i got a year ago. lets say if i upgrade that phone next year, will i be able to keep my unlimited plan?

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Even if you're already on LTE grandfathered unlimited you'll lose it if you upgrade. To keep it, you'll have to buy your next phone full price.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
if you upgrade you lose it. Looks like I will buy my next phone full price( since I do not have an upgrade until next june anyway) and then will explore all my options once my contract is up.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well it does make sense, I mean verizon isn't going to release some new super phone and let people get unlimited data.

<Cough, cough..> People are pre-ordering the Samsung Galaxy S3 and keeping their unlimited data plans. If Verizon is allowing this now, why not allow it a bit later? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the S3 should be the 'best' device that Verizon offers for the remainder of the year, no? (Or at least until the end of the year when Google announces the next line of Nexus phones.)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
3 customer care reps have told me I can keep my unlimited. I can't upgrade till next year. But stores say no. They need to decide what is right

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
3 customer care reps have told me I can keep my unlimited. I can't upgrade till next year. But stores say no. They need to decide what is right

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Jude,

Is this true even if you decide to upgrade your phone later?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The CEO said if you upgraded you would be forced onto the new plans.I think asking reps now is pointless because there is no plans out yet. Once the shared data plans come on then go talk to reps. You are just wasting air talking to them now.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Simple work around for this mess. Get new line. Then upgrade the new line phone whenever you want and transfer the new phone to the line with unlimited data lol. That's what I'll be doing. Wife and daughter get my hand me down phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Simple work around for this mess. Get new line. Then upgrade the new line phone whenever you want and transfer the new phone to the line with unlimited data lol. That's what I'll be doing. Wife and daughter get my hand me down phones.

I did that when I bought the Rezound back in April. But it only works when you NEED to get a new line. In my case, we were ready to get our daughter her own line, so it worked out great.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

so you will be getting new phone number every 2 years?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Alas, with the money they'll be making from it, I don't see them ever going back to unlimited. I promise you, once they go tiered, they will never go back to unlimited...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy