Got the S-view case? LED flip case? comment here

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I am planning to buy S-view case and LED flip case but kinda hesitant. Some says its awsome while others says that the glass in the s view case gets dirty easily. But maybe that was just the way they handle the case. So if you guys have the case please post your thoughts after using the case. It can be the pros or cons of this cases.

EDIT: i also read that the battery life suffers on both cases as they tend to let the app stay open in the background. Is this true?

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to buy S-view case and LED flip case but kinda hesitant. Some says its awsome while others says that the glass in the s view case gets dirty easily. But maybe that was just the way they handle the case. So if you guys have the case please post your thoughts after using the case. It can be the pros or cons of this cases.

I have the S View case for my Note 4. It can get smudged from fingerprints but they wipe off easily enough.

I have been using mine since January when I bought my phone. Sometimes though, I take it off and put the put the original back cover back on just for something different. I can't think of anything bad to say about the case and I have no regrets in buying it. Well worth the money.

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the S View case for my Note 4. It can get smudged from fingerprints but they wipe off easily enough.

I have been using mine since January when I bought my phone. Sometimes though, I take it off and put the put the original back cover back on just for something different. I can't think of anything bad to say about the case and I have no regrets in buying it. Well worth the money.

Does it form a smudge on the part of the note 4 where the window is? i got a 3rd party s view cover and there are smudges at the screen of my note 4 exactly where the window is.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does it form a smudge on the part of the note 4 where the window is? i got a 3rd party s view cover and there are smudges at the screen of my note 4 exactly where the window is.

It does after so long probably from oil from fingertips being trapped between the screen and the S View window. They wipe off though. Also remember, the cover is a nice screen protector while in your pocket.

justvalencia

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I love my LED case. I have not noticed any incremental battery drainage.

cool. will try too look for LED flip case here.

It does after so long probably from oil from fingertips being trapped between the screen and the S View window. They wipe off though. Also remember, the cover is a nice screen protector while in your pocket.

and in my bag cause i'm a student and my ballpen, markers and phone are in the same place in my bag that is why i considered buying this case. Thank you for posting

Vucko

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the led case but there are some dots chasing each other every few seconds lol. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an official sview. I like how it feels, but really hate having to open it. I have a few magnetic car mounts and the front has nowhere to go. If my phone lived in a purse or bag, it would be better, but for me, it spends a good chunk of the day on a mount.

Posted

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I just went back to my S-view case and I haven't any complaints about it. Once you get used to opening and closing it all the time there really isn't a problem. Yes the plastic window gets smudges on it, but its nothing major. It really looks good on the Note 4. And I like the functionality of the S-view case. To be able to quickly access a flashlight, contacts, and camera is useful.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The LED case looks really slick, but I want to be able to take phone calls, pictures, control music, and have access to heart rate monitor and flashlight with the cover on.

Note in my house!

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Just picked up the LED flip case. It's super awesome. The chasing does indicate a notification (like Facebook, or other certain apps).

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just picked up the LED flip case. It's super awesome. The chasing does indicate a notification (like Facebook, or other certain apps).

Have you tried the S-view flip cover? Was wondering what your thoughts are comparing the two. I now have them both.

Note in my house!

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried the S-view flip cover? Was wondering what your thoughts are comparing the two. I now have them both.

Note in my house!

I haven't! This thing one close to 70 in Canada, so haha, quite the splurge. Battery life is really important to me, above most else, so I went with the LED in hopes it will save life. Instead of turning the screen on every time I get a notification, it just uses LEDs. I figure the s view would be a battery sucker as it keeps the screen on?

I may be wrong!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't! This thing one close to 70 in Canada, so haha, quite the splurge. Battery life is really important to me, above most else, so I went with the LED in hopes it will save life. Instead of turning the screen on every time I get a notification, it just uses LEDs. I figure the s view would be a battery sucker as it keeps the screen on?

I may be wrong!

My experience has been different from what I had expected.

Note in my house!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have both the SView and the LED flip. I find I use the LED case more because I'm a bit OCD and the smudging on the window irks me plus the LED case has a card slot that fits my DL and debit card which is all I need to carry.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have both the SView and the LED flip. I find I use the LED case more because I'm a bit OCD and the smudging on the window irks me plus the LED case has a card slot that fits my DL and debit card which is all I need to carry.

I hear you on the smudged screen on the front of the S-view Cover. But I like the functionality of the S-view over the LED clover. The S-view is interactive. I can make and take calls, takes pictures or video, check heart rate, use flashlight, and control music. Can't do any of these with the LED cover closed. That's my gripe especially when considering the LED cover is more expensive.

Note in my house!

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Same here I use the LED case far more than my S view case which is a smudge magnet.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I hear you on the smudged screen on the front of the S-view Cover. But I like the functionality of the S-view over the LED clover. The S-view is interactive. I can make and take calls, takes pictures or video, check heart rate, use flashlight, and control music. Can't do any of these with the LED cover closed. That's my gripe especially when considering the LED cover is more expensive.

Note in my house!

Agreed. What does it for me is the cases give off a different look. I do occasionally switch back and forth. My S-view has wireless charging built in so I miss that the most when it's not on. The LED case excludes that feature but you would never know judging by the price. ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582