GPS turning off when when shuts off

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
This is recent, in the last week. It used to be that when I turned the screen off google maps would give me turn by turn directions, now it just says "GPS signal lost" and when I turn it back on it has gone back to the screen where it asks me to start navigation.
I have turned on all background options that I can think of. Any ideas?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
This is recent, in the last week. It used to be that when I turned the screen off google maps would give me turn by turn directions, now it just says "GPS signal lost" and when I turn it back on it has gone back to the screen where it asks me to start navigation.
Same. I picked up my wife from the airport yesterday and wanted to use Maps navigation to make sure I knew where I was going. Totally flaked out when I turned the screen off. More than once actually. I've seen this before. After an update and it acts buggy. Not the first time, not the last.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Make sure that Google maps is allowed to use data in the background. If it isn't, then as soon as screen is turned off it will lose GPS signal.Screenshot_20190514-115203_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20190514-115156_Settings.jpg

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
go into settings/device care/battery and see what power mode you are in. My phone flips to medium power setting every so often and when it does, the GPS stops working with the screen goes off. Changing the setting back to optimized fixes the issue.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
go into settings/device care/battery and see what power mode you are in. My phone flips to medium power setting every so often and when it does, the GPS stops working with the screen goes off. Changing the setting back to optimized fixes the issue.

Ah crap. That might be it. Totally forgot about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22