GPS turns on during phone calls

Alireza Noorian

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
hi guys and happy new year...there is a simple solution to solve gps tracking off while u make a phone call. go to settings>wireless&network>more>mobile network>network mode
select gsm only to solve ur problem. i think it works if u use wcdma mode too.
goodluck

Last edited:

Geniusleo

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi every one i think the problem is with "google now". Got to google app which use ur location to personalize it. Go to app and disable it. I hope it will solve the issue as it did for me

adc_1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi, just like to share, and to confirm, that the suggestion to select the Network Mode as "GSM only" worked for me.

I have been using a Huawei Y511-U10 (Jelly Bean 4.2.2) for the last 2 years and never encountered this problem until about a week ago when it just come on from nowhere and refused to go away ever since. The GPS turns on everytime when there is an incoming call or when I dial out to make a call. Manually turning the location access off just didn't work regardless of how many times I try. I also checked the Running apps at the time when GPS is automatically turned on but found nothing that links to any request for Location Service by the apps.

Intuitively, I only suspected that it somehow had to do with the dialer but found no evidence that firmly points to it. Interestingly, no new apps were installed recently - before, during or after - the problem was first observed. My phone had always been on "GSM/WCDMA (auto mode)" from Day 1. So, it baffles me a lot why it happens only now after 2 years.

I (still) don't know as to why this problem came about but I'm glad that it managed to address the issue for now and relieves me of the annoyance and pain of having to turn off the GPS with each incoming and outgoing call. Hope this may bring some relief to all who are affected...

Carlosvdw

May 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Gps turns on during phone calls

Yes this is very anoying to say the least. Everytime it asks to enable location services when making a call. What to do about thus ?

Bk1985

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Sir my problem is same when I internet on or incoming calls my GPRS automatically on . I already do factory reset but problem same.... My phone Lenovo A850 plz halp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45