GrooVe IP - Google Voice VoIP

rubydreamer

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, slight issue that's semi recent.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab (7, using verizon) and 1.2.9 and it works well enough, except that it ramps the CPU to full, freezes the screen, and pretty much just stops responding. Sometimes the call even just cuts out. Ive actually had to do a hard reset several times to get out of a call (or an occasional call that cuts out and doesn't seem to drop the connection, causing a terminal freeze).

Any idea how to get around this?

Note: Just got a 2.3.5 OS update, but its still the same problems... Both 2.2 and 2.3.5 seem to have the problem.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, slight issue that's semi recent.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab (7, using verizon) and 1.2.9 and it works well enough, except that it ramps the CPU to full, freezes the screen, and pretty much just stops responding. Sometimes the call even just cuts out. Ive actually had to do a hard reset several times to get out of a call (or an occasional call that cuts out and doesn't seem to drop the connection, causing a terminal freeze).

Any idea how to get around this?

Note: Just got a 2.3.5 OS update, but its still the same problems... Both 2.2 and 2.3.5 seem to have the problem.

Do you have Synchronize Voice checked? What other options under troubleshooting do you have enabled? Is the echo canceler enabled?

Can try increasing the mic buffer to x-large.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Synchronize Voice is checked, as well as echo cancellation (which did seem to help a bit)

Were calls not working before you enabled Synchronize Voice? On some devices that setting can cause problems. It basically depends on how your manufacturer implement the audio recording api's. I'd suggest disabling Synchronize Voice and seeing if that fixes the issue.

arcticathlon

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the app GrooVe IP and it keeps rebooting my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 2 every 30 mins. what setting changes does anyone suggest i do to fix this?

cheers

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the app GrooVe IP and it keeps rebooting my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 2 every 30 mins. what setting changes does anyone suggest i do to fix this?

cheers

Is your device stock? We test with the Galaxy S2 haven't noticed any issues with it. It could be the app install was corrupted. You can try uninstalling the app, restarting the device, then installing the app.

xur17

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ya we started that last week. About half way through the change that would make the mic source configurable. Will likely have a new beta up with the change this weekend.

I tried the new beta version on my stock nexus s, and MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION is still not being set. I tried a few different microphones (including the VOIP one), and I still had echo issues.

PLEASE consider adding MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION, as it seems to have fixed voip problems for other users on Nexus S device.

Thanks!!

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried the new beta version on my stock nexus s, and MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION is still not being set. I tried a few different microphones (including the VOIP one), and I still had echo issues.

PLEASE consider adding MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION, as it seems to have fixed voip problems for other users on Nexus S device.

Thanks!!

The VoIP option sets MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION if it is implemented on the device. If using that throws a source not supported exception then the app defaults back to the default mic source.

xur17

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The VoIP option sets MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION if it is implemented on the device. If using that throws a source not supported exception then the app defaults back to the default mic source.

I stand corrected. MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION wasn't working in csipsimple either for my device. I had another setting set in csipsimple that was doing similar echo correction as groove ip is.

Looks like I will just leave the echo canceller beep option on. My only issue is when the volume is low at the beginning of the call, and the beep that is emitted doesn't work (I am assuming this causes the microphone not to be able to hear it). My auto-detected echo tail varies too much for me to set a range, so that isn't an option.

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I stand corrected. MODE_IN_COMMUNICATION wasn't working in csipsimple either for my device. I had another setting set in csipsimple that was doing similar echo correction as groove ip is.

Looks like I will just leave the echo canceller beep option on. My only issue is when the volume is low at the beginning of the call, and the beep that is emitted doesn't work (I am assuming this causes the microphone not to be able to hear it). My auto-detected echo tail varies too much for me to set a range, so that isn't an option.

The beta has some improvements for that also. Should work better in low volume situations.

xur17

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The beta has some improvements for that also. Should work better in low volume situations.

I just installed the newest beta - It may be a little bit better, but I am still having issues with the echo detection not working if I left the volume lower from a previous call (which I do sometimes). Is there any way to make the beep at the beginning of the call just be emitted at a constant (loud) volume so it always works?

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.2.10

- Fix Korean Galaxy S WiFi
- Add inclusion and exclusion regex setting
- Ensure correct layout is used for in-call screen
- Support Gtalk invisibility
- Allow mic source configuration to take advantage of VoIP mic in Honeycomb
- Add option to ignore weekends in start/stop time setting
- Improve voice cut-off on call connect
- Bug fixes

xur17

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the newest beta - It may be a little bit better, but I am still having issues with the echo detection not working if I left the volume lower from a previous call (which I do sometimes). Is there any way to make the beep at the beginning of the call just be emitted at a constant (loud) volume so it always works?

And with the beta, I am having problems with invisible mode randomly re-enabling. I enabled it once to try it, and after I disabled it, it seems to be randomly re-enabling (and causing my other clients to switch to invisible mode).

Edit: I installed the new version from the market, and invisible mode doesn't appear to be randomly toggling, but I didn't try toggling the invisible check box.

Edit again: Groove IP still seems to be toggling all my clients to invisible randomly. I haven't touched the check box, and a few times yesterday, and this morning I noticed all of my clients were in invisible mode.

Last edited:

Godfather47

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
i can make calls with grooveip but no receive, when i call google number from home number i get voicemail saying i have no messages, when i go to phone settings of google voice, i see 'registered number' which is the number i put, and underneath is 'google chat', the problem is i don't see anything saying forward and there are no check boxes beside either !!

snrb_labs

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
i can make calls with grooveip but no receive, when i call google number from home number i get voicemail saying i have no messages, when i go to phone settings of google voice, i see 'registered number' which is the number i put, and underneath is 'google chat', the problem is i don't see anything saying forward and there are no check boxes beside either !!

Hi,

If you aren't seeing any checkboxes I'd recommend contacting the Google Voice support. There's likely something messed up with your account that they could fix. Or alternatively creating a new account should fix the issue. You can use this form to transfer your existing Google Voice number if you want to keep it. Google Voice Help

smoovedude12

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
i have a nexus s4g and the delay seems to start to get worse and worse after maybe 2 minutes on the phone to were its maybe 8-9 seconds apart....any way to help?

smoovedude12

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
i checked it but now whenever someone calls it wont beep and i cant hear any ones voice

i put the echo tail to 100-300 because it always says 160-200 but now i cant talk or hear anything

EDIT: now when i call it rings once and ends the call but i can receive incoming....do you know the problem

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe