GS3: person on other end of call can't hear me

kajoey

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Did you fix the problem? If so, how? I bought a new Note 5 yesterday and same thing happens...call connects but they can't hear me. I can hear them fine. I restart the phone and all is okay...until the next time, though.

Thanks!

Cheroy Allen

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Just to be clear - if you call someone, they cannot hear you but you can hear them just fine, right? What happens if someone calls you instead - the same thing?
Next, you make it sound like at one point the problem was fixed, and then it started happening again. What was the fix?
Finally, from within the Phone app, have you unchecked Call settings -> Additional settings -> Noise reduction?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Jaxagirl

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have seen this in other forums. Their problem turned out to be trash/dust bunnies in the mic hole at the bottom of the phone.

Thank you so much. I spent all day trying to rectify this issue, - I'd made 2 phone calls today to people who could hardly hear me unless I was on speaker phone. I tried adjusting all kinds of settings and became extremely frustrated. Turned out it was just dust bunnies. If only everything was so simple to fix! 😊😊😊