GUI is horrid, even worse at night with the all white glow. Please allow the option to change!

Daniel Tate

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The white background for the app home menu launcher is disgusting. Give us the option to change it to black at-least or better still TRANSPARENT. So I can still see my wallpaper or live wallpaper!

The black text on white background is horrible. We should have preference.

Give us a proper straight forward silent mode.

I have the lollipop 5.0 update on my Nexus 7. But since it's a tablet the background is all black instead of white so all is fine with that. But the mobile? it's ugly as hell.

Also is it not possible at all to remove the speech search bar at the top?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
The white background for the app home menu launcher is disgusting. Give us the option to change it to black at-least or better still TRANSPARENT. So I can still see my wallpaper or live wallpaper!

The black text on white background is horrible. We should have preference.

Give us a proper straight forward silent mode.

I have the lollipop 5.0 update on my Nexus 7. But since it's a tablet the background is all black instead of white so all is fine with that. But the mobile? it's ugly as hell.

Also is it not possible at all to remove the speech search bar at the top?

install Nova Launcher to -

1. customize the App Drawer including background color, transparency, etc.
2. remove Google Search Box.
3. much, much, much more.

Nova Launcher
TeslaCoil Software - October 21, 2014
Personalization

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...com.teslacoilsw.launcher&hl=en&token=fuXo6dnA

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes on the Nova launcher option. Its great. I don't like the lollipop app drawer or animation either. I am using the old KitKat animation with a transparent app drawer. I do love everything else about lollipop though. Its a great OS and Nova let's you tinker with it to get it just right.

Posted via the Android Central App

dcnblues

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you. WYSIWYG is early 90's. We can pray that the head designer at Google gets fired. And that the head programmer does whatever it takes to give us a simple option to not have this UGLY CRAP (and I'm including the flat dull icons) all over our expensive beautiful screens.

dcnblues

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Crap, after spending some time re-organizing all my screens, Nova Launcher wiped them all out. Be warned... (however, just getting rid of the white app drawer makes it worth it). SO much better looking now!

dcnblues

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I can't find an obvious page for Nova questions, and I need to know on a Nexus 5. So thanks if you can help:
*Never mind. I'm figuring it out, and liking it. Nova seems the cure for the horrible designer of Lollipop...

Daniel Tate

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Lol, the wife hates the all white look too. She will be using nova launcher from now on! Thanks. How on earth are reviewers saying the new GUI is better than the last? what are they smoking...?

Daniel Tate

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to change the scroll down notification menu settings area to that of kitkats on nova launcher? Other than that Nova has breathed back life into the old dog now! :)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
also - check out the "Gestures" settings on Nova. i have only one Gesture set but i really love it -

Nova Settings-->Gestures-->Swipe Down-->Expand Notifications

this setting will allow you to bring down/up (toggle) the notification shade with a slight swipe in the middle of the screen so you don't have to reach all the way to the top of the screen to pull down the shade every time you want to read your notifications. it's very "Material" because it feels like you are pulling a piece of paper down to see. also it feels consistent with using your thumb to slide screens left and right - you are simply doing it up and down.

this feature might require Nova "Prime" but it's worth every penny.

ALSO - i really like this App called "Calendar Status" that i use in conjunction with this. it puts your Calendar Events (as many days as you want - i like 1-2 Days, All Events Max) in your Notification Shade. there is a free version and a "Pro" version. so you can Gesture a quick toggle down and see your day and then hide it. i ove it. enjoy.

Calendar Status PRO

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....SagiL.calendarstatuspro&hl=en&token=6d5iSkN_

Daniel Tate

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Is it not possible to swipe from left to right like we could before? I cant help but do it and it opens the damn phone contacts lol.

freeups

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
White background is awful. Nova fixes some of it but not the settings menu etc. I have flashed back KitKat after a day with Lollipop.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in the Lollipop forum but a dark theme is already in the works, aligned with the dark material keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel Tate

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I posted this in the Lollipop forum but a dark theme is already in the works, aligned with the dark material keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App
Is it? how do you know this, by what source? I do want the white text om black background back like. Black text on white is horrific!

White background is awful. Nova fixes some of it but not the settings menu etc. I have flashed back KitKat after a day with Lollipop.
Lol, it really is a disgrace like. Surely the battery uses up more energy having to light the entire screen white as-well. Never seen a more uglier background in all my life lol. Nova has done everything I could hope it to do for now. Although i'd prefer kitkats settings menu... :|

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Ha, and here I've configured Nova to look like stock lollipop :)

Gestures and icon pack support is what keeps me with Nova rather than the Google launcher. Options are wonderful things!

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol