[GUIDE] Disable CPU rendering

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Be sure to lead people to MRGs zip too.

Also, VMheapsize, what is it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Of course, and proper credit will be given :)

We made it live here, why not expand? It's already being used in custom roms on the LG myTouch 4G. My concern is people complaining about it causing a bootloop, not all devices have the adreno drivers

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

flak0

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add that this is successfully working on the Tmobile Gs3. Wow what an improvement. Cant wait for Jelly Bean official OTA - rooted of course. I will be opening a thread in XDA and will give a link to loop back here. Thanks.

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Again to comment, editing your egl.cfg and deleting the android GLES lib will work on Froyo. The part that can cause bootloops would be your dalvik dexopt codes. You'll want "m=y,o=v,u=y" since what code I have omitted is ICS only. First is to use register mapping, then verify optimization, and last is to optimize for uniprocessors. Last bit is special since you've set it to no. Setting it to yes will optimize it for single core phones, otherwise at no its for dual cores and above.

Lastly, you can drop those (any in reality) prop edits into /data/local.prop since whatever is in there takes priority over build.prop for the user. Its alot easier to reverse and is better if you're compiling flashables.

I suggest leaving the egl stuff out. Not all phones have the same GPU and testing with different devices here not all of them will be Adreno200 devices. Best to leave it to the user to delete the lib and remove the android line in egl.cfg.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeoLawliet

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
The flashable one was originally meant for Optimus V and LG myTouch 4G, works perfectly on those. If anyone feels unsafe about flashing it, you can pull the files from the zip and get it all done with Root Explorer.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

RTSone

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi there ;)
.. just follow a thread @ xda,they linked to this thread, so this tweak should generally work with adreno 200 gpu?
I own a E10i which runs under CM10 Android 4.1.1.. is this compatible or has the ROM to be an ICS one?
Edit: try out this build.prop tweak, it speeds things up a bit more.

Open build.prop and add the following
change dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y TO
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n
right below add
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
then change windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 300
comment out with #
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
then save

Is this with the X10 mini possible too, or only reserved for LG devices..??

Thank you, if necessary, please move the questions into right corner. thx

E:
The flashable one was originally meant for Optimus V and LG myTouch 4G, works perfectly on those. If anyone feels unsafe about flashing it, you can pull the files from the zip and get it all done with Root Explorer.
Ok thank you, what about the entries/changes as described above, do I have to open named file via Root explorer by using the terminal? hm :-!

One point.. cyanogen10 implies a setting called "force GPU rendering in 2D".. doesn?t archieve this exactly the same result, which can be reached through the tweak??

Thanks in advance for enlightenment ;)

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi there ;)
.. just follow a thread @ xda,they linked to this thread, so this tweak should generally work with adreno 200 gpu?
I own a E10i which runs under CM10 Android 4.1.1.. is this compatible or has the ROM to be an ICS one?

Is this with the X10 mini possible too, or only reserved for LG devices..??

Thank you, if necessary, please move the questions into right corner. thx

E: Ok thank you, what about the entries/changes as described above, do I have to open named file via Root explorer by using the terminal? hm :-!

One point.. cyanogen10 implies a setting called "force GPU rendering in 2D".. doesn?t archieve this exactly the same result, which can be reached through the tweak??

Thanks in advance for enlightenment ;)

You know I have put a lot of thought into that, I honestly think this isn't necessary on ICS. You can always force GPU rendering from development settings anyway. As for those build.prop tweaks, I should update that post. Someone else corrected an error in it. You'll want to try "m=y,o=v,u=y", that's what A.I advised me.

P.S. this should work on any adreno200 device. If you have something different, just change it according to the name onto the egl.cfg file. Like Tegra for example.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
i tried to flash this on my verizon gs3 through cmw and i get "Install aborted" im running cm10 latest build.
Thakns in advance :)

Redownload it, maybe it was a bad flash. Mount system before installing. And don't forget to disable signature verification

X-Nemesis

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My GS3 does not have a system folder, i've looked with ASTRO file manager and windows 7 explorer. It's just not there. I tried flashing mrg666's file but that failed. My phone is rooted. Any advice?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My GS3 does not have a system folder, i've looked with ASTRO file manager and windows 7 explorer. It's just not there. I tried flashing mrg666's file but that failed. My phone is rooted. Any advice?

Sounds like you're looking on the sd-card, you need to start at the root directory. Try going up one level in the folder structure.

This space intentionally left blank.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie