[GUIDE] How To Root/Unroot The Thunderbolt with Revolutionary

MsInfatution

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Lol. . . I dont really mind them being there but it gets rather annyoing when they constantly want to update say blockbuster and so on lol but thanks anyway:)

JerseyDubbin

Open Source For Life!
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So i am able to temp root my phone, revolutionary kicks in and reboots to fastboot and then just sits there and does nothing.

Across the Top of the screen (above s-on) it says ****Locked**** in red letters

Just got this tbolt from ins today and it ran the latest update when i opened it up.

Running 2.11.605.19 do i need to downgrade?

Last edited:

catrider64

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I'm in need of some advice of what to do. I have a rooted TBOLT that awhile back I flashed a new boot screen of a gal sitting on a bomb and I would like to change it back to stock. I want to keep the phone rooted. I have downloaded the 3 files from the OP and read everything and it seems I wouldn't need to perform all 3 steps? I'm thinking I would only need one of the PMG? or both?Or do I need to do all 3 and then reroot. Thanks for any info. And Have a wonderful 4th of July

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi
I'm in need of some advice of what to do. I have a rooted TBOLT that awhile back I flashed a new boot screen of a gal sitting on a bomb and I would like to change it back to stock. I want to keep the phone rooted. I have downloaded the 3 files from the OP and read everything and it seems I wouldn't need to perform all 3 steps? I'm thinking I would only need one of the PMG? or both?Or do I need to do all 3 and then reroot. Thanks for any info. And Have a wonderful 4th of July

If you made a nandroid backup of the stock ROM (you should always have this) then just revert back to that. If you're looking to go back to stock and remain rooted.. just flash one of the OTA RUU's for rooted phones. If you flash the stock OTA, you will lose root. You want to use the stock RUU for rooted phones.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...rums/143029-2-11-605-9-ruu-now-available.html

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi

So you just want to return the splash screen to stock?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

catrider64

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes just the splash screen....I didnt know what to call it in my first post. I did do a nandroid back up and reverted back to that but the girl on the bomb is still the first thing you see when booting up

jdlowndes

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having prblem with RapidShare website when trying to save the PG05IMG_no_hboot_2.11.605.9.zip file. Can you please help me!!! Thank you very much for any help!

jdlowndes

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually I am getting a: ERROR: IP address modified. (ef166e23)

Then It goes back to a rapid share page that says: Download parameters invalid - please try again later.

jdlowndes

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Cool, Thank you!!

I'm just nervous. I am having to unroot my phone to send back due to a warrenty issue. I have never done any of this type stuff before, a friend of mine actually Rooted and placed BAMF Forever 1.10 on my phone and I didn't really even get to watch him do it. (My fault!)

So thanks for all the tips and such! Hope I don't tear it up and can't fix it!!

I am unable to reach him for help as he no longer lives nearby or works with me... UGH!

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
trter10-2, does your readme file have instructions on how to flash ROMs too?

i'm thinking of trying your root method this weekend...thanks for creating this :cool:

jdlowndes

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I finally got it to download, but i have an issue! What are the commands to "Flash" the new software in part two of making the phone stock again??? I'm unclear on exactly what to enter. I just don't want to screw it up!

Putting current stock firmware and s-on back onto the phone

After getting the bootloader back to the original s-off, engineering 1.04.2000 hboot download these 2 files:
1)PG05IMG_no_hboot_2.11.605.9.zip
md5: 3e189b6c85ea7da1e26e12a5cd7b1ab0
and
2) PG05IMG_hboot_only_2.11.605.9.zip
md5: d26b3253358407d459c654e6729a39ca

Rename PG05IMG_no_hboot_2.11.605.9.zip to "PG05IMG"... move to your sd card and flash in hboot.

This is important! you must flash the PG05IMG_no_hboot_2.11.605.9.zip first!

after successfully flashing that,you will be on unrooted gingerbread with an eng s-off bootloader. delete the PG05IMG file from your sd card. now place the PG05IMG_hboot_ONLY_2.11.605.9.zip on your sd card. check the md5. once youve verified it matches,you can rename PG05IMG and flash it.

Again, ONLY flash the hboot file after you have successfully flashed the rom.

Now you are 100% stock on latest firmware. unrooted gingerbread 2.11.605.9 with *locked* 1.05.0000 s-on bootloader.

Im sorry for a stupid question, but I am VERY new at this and need some help!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver