[GUIDE] How To Root/Unroot The Thunderbolt with Revolutionary

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My phones looks be unrooted now, but your instructions say to go through the activation menu and then go into debugging and back to charge and you will take over again.

I dont see the debugging menu from the phone now that its back to the original.

In settings

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Matthew Miller14

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay I'm at settings > Connect to PC > Connection type

charge only
htc sync
internet connection mode
media sync
internet pass through

Nothing about debugging now that I'm back on the stock setup. Also what else needs to be done through the tool? To me it looks like its all the way back to stock now.

Thanks for doing all this trter

elgiggles

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
works awesome, thats why you guey are the best, thanks for all your help

- - - Updated - - -

works awesome, thats why you guey are the best, thanks for all your help

psychomoonkey86

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
ok so im trying to do a full unroot on my TB and I still the revolutionary command list come up when i try to do a factory reset and the superuser app. is still on the phone after I followed all the step for the unroot and everything seemed to have workedand it went back to the origanal bootloader after. So im not sure what to do now. also the first link for the firmware on the unroot doesn't work any more.

After getting the bootloader back to the original s-off, engineering 1.04.2000 hboot download these 2 files:
1)PG05IMG_no_hboot_2.11.605.9.zip
md5: 3e189b6c85ea7da1e26e12a5cd7b1ab0

Net Junkie

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
1st attempt resulted in "failed to get root" ... rats! (read later that Fastboot needs to be turned off ... hope that's the cause ... will try again later). HTC drivers, though, are not compatible with Windows 8 and will not install. Had to resort to an older laptop that I don't necessarily trust, but will install the HTC drivers. Fingers crossed! Merry Christmas, guys, and keep up the awesome work!

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
1st attempt resulted in "failed to get root" ... rats! (read later that Fastboot needs to be turned off ... hope that's the cause ... will try again later). HTC drivers, though, are not compatible with Windows 8 and will not install. Had to resort to an older laptop that I don't necessarily trust, but will install the HTC drivers. Fingers crossed! Merry Christmas, guys, and keep up the awesome work!

You can't use just revolutionary anymore, tool in signature

Net Junkie

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
What signature, trter10-2? I've looked high and low for a "tool" in your reply post and the "how to" posts at the beginning of this thread. Nada. What am I missing?

Edit: Never mind, I found it ... Thunderbolt-tool-master.zip. Thanks!

You can't use just revolutionary anymore, tool in signature

Net Junkie

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
OK, trter10-2, took some time off to open presents, etc., etc. (belated Merry Christmas) ... now ready to root my T-Bolt. Do I understand that your tool replaces the steps in revolutionary? Or only the part about the drivers? Want to be sure so I don't wind up with a door stop! Thank you so much!

Edit: Happy Day! While browsing the forum, found your other post and dove in! TADA! Am now rooted and looking for the rom that suits me best! Kudos on a wonderful tool! :)

Last edited:

ndrew2505

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
so i used the guide here and everything seemed to go ok but when i finished and rebooted to fastboot it still shows **UNLOCKED** at the top.. is this normal for the 1.05 fastboot?

imag0833y.jpg

jshine1337

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way I can uninstall the "Revolutionary" boot loader and reinstall the original boot loader (I already reinstalled the original rom for the Android OS), when I don't have the ability to start my Thunderbolt into the Android OS? The only thing I can get it to do is load the boot loader menu. (Otherwise, it just continually restarts at the HTC logo screen.)

I need to send my phone back to Verizon (as they sent me a replacement already) and I want to ensure it's reset to factory settings so I'm not charged.

bhudda77

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Where is the guide? Has it been updated or removed? I didnt see a new sticky for it. I am trying to re-root my thunderbolt, and both the Revolutionary guide, and the HTC Thunderbotl all-in-one tool seem to have been moved, removed, or have broken links.

Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332