[GUIDE] Unbrick/Upgrade Optimus V [EASY] [KDZ]

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking how to save the phone-specific information and it seems the easiest way to get the info is to use the free CDMAdevterm from cdmaworkshoptool.

Here is a video someone made on how to use it:

How to get Msl from lg optimus V (open source =cool ) - YouTube

What I figured out is that for our phones that already have recoveries installed and custom roms, putting the phone into the cwm recovery mode by powering on with with home-volume down-power allows CDMAdevterm to communicate with the phone. Watch the video and try it with your phone. Only push the READ buttons to get the information! If you push the write button to make changes to your phone - you are on your own!

Could some others try it and verify that it works for you?

Now what information might be needed to recover a phone?

1. MEID/ESN
  2. MDN
  3. MIN
  4. SPC
Anything else?

Hmmm, this works fine with my old phone with the bobz recovery: RA-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM. However, with my recently-recovered phone running cwm v6.0.4.6 the same program doesn't seem to be able to talk to the phone. Not sure what the issue is yet.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You'll either need to be on stock Rom, use stock recovery, use xionia recovery or, cot 2.1 recovery to use the cdma programming tools required. If doing it from stock Rom then in the dialer you'll need to hit ##PORT# and as Andy said you'll need your msl

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you clarify something for me? All of the videos I see of getting the AAA code are using the stock VM software. Does this work or is there another way to extract the information from phones that are already rooted, have recoveries and versions of cyanogenmod installed? Or is the only way to extract the information by returning to the stock Virgin software? I am able to see some information with DFS, but nothing that looks like the AAA code.

Ah, I see thewraith420 already answered my question! Thanks!

OK, I think I've got it. I was able to get the SPC/lock code with cdmadevterm along with the meid/esn. For the AAA, I had to use DFS CDMA Tool v.3.1.0.1 and Andy pointed me to it being on the Mobile IP tab. I had to click on the second profile which was the first one with green for me. And, finally, THERE are my AAA and HA Shared Secrets!

I have recorded the following, is there anything else I might need to restore from a hard brick?

1. NAI
  2. AAA
  3. HA
  4. SPC
  5. ESN
  6. MEID

Last edited:

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This is interesting. When I hooked my daily phone with the old recovery (ra-thunderc-v-1.2.0-gnm) up to usb I was able to get all the info I posted above. This phone is zv4.

But when I plugged in my testing phone, I couldn't get any of it. cdmadevterm saw something on the port but it was unknown. I can switch the cable between the two phones - one comes up and the other doesn't.

So I thought it might be because the testing phone had a different recovery on it for the kitkat testing - 6.0.4.6. Since the testing phone is zv5, I couldn't install that old recovery on it so instead installed cwm v4.0.1.5. But that didn't change the result.

In both cases, I have the phones in recovery mode while plugging them into usb and trying to access them with cdmadevterm and lgnpst and dfs.

I suppose I could try putting mirage on the testing phone and seeing if I could switch phones on my account to it to see if it's still a working phone. Has anyone run into this situation? Is it because of zv4 vs zv5?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38