[GUIDE] Unlock Your Note 2 Bootloader! Let Thy Phone Be FREE!

imaposer

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm working on it behind the scenes. Hopefully have it up soon

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Great to hear. That letstalk.com next day delivery promise is supposed to finally show up tomorrow, nine days late. I figure there's no point in doing anything else with it before I root.
Let me know if you need an idiot to see if it's idiot proof.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear. That letstalk.com next day delivery promise is supposed to finally show up tomorrow, nine days late. I figure there's no point in doing anything else with it before I root.
Let me know if you need an idiot to see if it's idiot proof.

Remember you must be unlocked to use a recovery.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=237940
[How to] Use Custom Recoveries - Let the fun begin!

imaposer

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Phone was here when I got home from work. My biggest issue was getting my computer to communicate with it. I was getting a driver not installed popup, so I downloaded kies, and reattached the device, and it said not compatible. Then, it automatically started updating drivers and started working. Also, After it finished casual, it did not reboot to the unsecure download mode. I had to run casual three times before it did. Got the unlocked popup shortly after that, and now I"m on to putting beans4 in. Thanks!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Phone was here when I got home from work. My biggest issue was getting my computer to communicate with it. I was getting a driver not installed popup, so I downloaded kies, and reattached the device, and it said not compatible. Then, it automatically started updating drivers and started working. Also, After it finished casual, it did not reboot to the unsecure download mode. I had to run casual three times before it did. Got the unlocked popup shortly after that, and now I"m on to putting beans4 in. Thanks!

Thats great! Glad you got everything straight without any real big issues. I had issues with Drivers too, installing Kies worked like a charm but sometimes it could just take a computer/phone reboot as well. No big deal now, you got everything working! Enjoy!

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If i used the one click root method and have done some slight mods to ad wifi toggle if i unroot with supersu should i use the version for phones without root?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
If i used the one click root method and have done some slight mods to ad wifi toggle if i unroot with supersu should i use the version for phones without root?
Yeah, casual is going to root you. He may have fixed it but before casual would try to root you and if things were not just right it would cause an error. So just best to unroot and start from there. But if you used exynos abuse app to root make sure that you do not have the patch boxes checked before unrooting

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, casual is going to root you. He may have fixed it but before casual would try to root you and if things were not just right it would cause an error. So just best to unroot and start from there. But if you used exynos abuse app to root make sure that you do not have the patch boxes checked before unrooting
okay thanks and whats a safe battery percentage to start this at... just a little nervous haha

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
okay thanks and whats a safe battery percentage to start this at... just a little nervous haha

You are plugged in most of the time so it doesn't really matter but to be safe I would say over 25% is fine

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
oh nooooooooo i just messed up big time I unrooted before i disabled the exynos abuse app right after you told me not to:( i feel so stupid i guess now i have to root my phone the other method first right?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
oh nooooooooo i just messed up big time I unrooted before i disabled the exynos abuse app right after you told me not to:( i feel so stupid i guess now i have to root my phone the other method first right?

Yeah you do . Sorry

crl95

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Let me know if you need help

Yeah i pmed you one question im just not sure which of the images i should use to root with... on XDA there is one that says revision 3, stock with root, or root66

got your reply nvm thanks

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
To unlock you don't need root anymore. Mine actually only worked on stock unrooted.

Edit... You do need to root for your issue my mistake. I misread your original post and I was half asleep when I read it :p

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea whatever you do, don't accept the OTA.

Sorry for not being around, was on a trip for work and didn't have much access to internet outside of the client's office.

wgbobbobly

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea whatever you do, don't accept the OTA.

Sorry for not being around, was on a trip for work and didn't have much access to internet outside of the client's office.

Ok, I read this post RIGHT AFTER accepting the OTA. :mad: has a new process been created for the new L4 OTA rom?

Can I get the bootloader to unlock anyother way? I don't see any new links to an updated Casual, that uses something other than Exynos Abuse to get the root. And since Adam's Casual uses Exynos, (which errors in the casual script), the casual tells me at the end "NO ROOT FOUND, NOW ROOT YOUR PHONE". But there is no way of doing that, that I have found, without putting on a rooted stock rom, (which then gives me the NOOB heckling script{thanks Adam, FYI, i'm not going to get off the internet})

and also, if A-man happens to be reading this, which I'm sure he is, this tutorial was WAY MORE HELPFUL, I don't see why you would be upset about it, its just a tutorial, and he gives you all the props that you deserve.
However, that being said, I do believe that Adam has a point, that now that the phone has updated, you need to edit the tut to show that it will only work on the non L4 update, and that IF someone has updated to that they should be relinked back to Adam's xda page. No one has all knowledge, and these tutorials help people become more informed, so that they don't screw things up like you say Adam. You keep making your genius programs, and let others make great tutorials, like this one.
-AMEN, :eek: lol

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie