[GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for answering me :)
but i noticed now that in my phone (in the download mode) the flashcount showing this { custom binary download:no} not like what i saw in the image of the Flashcount. plus in the Odin, the number of the com is 3 not 8.
and my phone is not working :'(
what should i do ?

Just a quick question. Do you have a Sprint gs3

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

If your phone will not start, that's the first thing we need to get going. In the this section go to the return to stock thread and follow the instructions there. Skip the first section about creating your flash count.

Can you get into recovery? Volume up, power and home buttons. Release all as soon as you see the Samsung screen.

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried to remove the Kies, but there is not an option I can see to uninstall it, can you advise. Secondly, the s3 is rooted with tether, but no other devices can see it.....any suggestions please..
Thank you

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Skunkape60! I have read all the posts that I can find about how to get the WiFi visable to my laptop. One of the things mentioned is to remove Kies, so I downloaded SuperSU, but still do not see an option to delete Kies. The point of all this is to get the WiFi Tether working. I have tried so many different variations changing device profile, device setup, WiFi-driver reload, access control, MSS clamping, Routing fix, USB debugging, etc....I just cannot find the right combination ...Can you point me in the right direction please...Thank you!!

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Skunkape60! I have read all the posts that I can find about how to get the WiFi visable to my laptop. One of the things mentioned is to remove Kies, so I downloaded SuperSU, but still do not see an option to delete Kies. The point of all this is to get the WiFi Tether working. I have tried so many different variations changing device profile, device setup, WiFi-driver reload, access control, MSS clamping, Routing fix, USB debugging, etc....I just cannot find the right combination ...Can you point me in the right direction please...Thank you!!
Which version of WiFi tether do you have?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Try this version of wifi tether... Remove your current version with titanium backup and install this one.It is an experimental version that isn't linked in the wifi thread. If this works for you I will add it to the wifi tethering thread.

WiFi Tether Experimental v 3._3-pre2.apk

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Skunkape60,
The WiFi Tether TrevE Mod version is recognized by other devices, but unable to connect. The computer says to reset the wireless router. Not sure what that is all about, but more importantly the tether keeps shutting down. It says "What the heck, your phone takes back control over the wifi interface" and shuts it down....making progress, but still not dialed in...any thoughts...
Thank you

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape60,
It says "What the heck, your phone takes back control over the wifi interface" and shuts it down....
Thank you

I don't understand this. Your phone can't be connected to wifi and tether at the same time. you can only tether 3g or lte... So yes, when you start wifi tethering it will turn off wifi. Or am I misunderstanding this.....

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
When I launch the tether, it does terminate the wifi reception on the phone. The tether is transmitting a signal and recognized by the laptop. The laptop however is unable to connect to the tether signal. In addition, the phone keeps shutting the tether operation down....I hope this makes more sense...
Thank you.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
When I launch the tether, it does terminate the wifi reception on the phone. The tether is transmitting a signal and recognized by the laptop. The laptop however is unable to connect to the tether signal. In addition, the phone keeps shutting the tether operation down....I hope this makes more sense...
Thank you.

While I don't tether I have had no problem getting this to work without changing but 2 settings. What rom are you using. I will load it and see what I can come up with.....

device profile - Samsung Galaxy S3
Setup method is on auto.(Default)
wifi driver reload 2 is checked.

If you continue to have issues try using the support page that was listed in my thread.

WiFi Tether Support

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Thank you.
Are you using superuser or supersu?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Skunkape, any ideas why the tether might be shutting down/I think the phone is terminating the program....like I said, there is a message after tether shuts down and the message is 'what the heck, your phone takes back control over the wifi interface'....wonder what might be happening...I think if we can keep tether running, then I can figure out why the laptop will not connect.....
Thank you very much ...

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I will try changing those 2 settings......not sure how to answer your question about which ROM I am using....new to this so not sure what that means...I do not have jellybean, if that is what you might be referring to...
Thanks

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I changed the device to s3, setup is auto and reload 2 is checked. The tether seems to be stable. My other s3 will not connect to it and it says authentication error....any ideas why this might be happening? The laptop will not connect either....
Much Appreciated...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I will try changing those 2 settings......not sure how to answer your question about which ROM I am using....new to this so not sure what that means...I do not have jellybean, if that is what you might be referring to...
Thanks

This is a hacked version for jellybean. Why are you trying to use this if you have ics? Just download the Wi-Fi tether from the playstore.

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Skunkape, Got it!! Went to the WiFi Tehter Support......changed the items below and low and behold, it is working at the moment....
-Device-Profile: Leave this on auto (default)
-Setup-Method: For GS3: Netd-ndc, E3D use SoftAP (auto should have right defaults, might need to force)
-Netdndc Max Client Cmd: Required for GS3ish devices. If not enabled you will likely get an AP but cannot connect.
-MSS clamping: on (default)
-Routing fix: on (default)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend