[GUIDE][VZW Version] Drivers, SDK, Unlocking, Rooting & Returning to Stock

wydor

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Not good. I followed the directions to root (after unlocking), and nothing. I am stuck at the red "M" logo screen. I powered off (reset) using the power and volume up key, waited for the logo and pressed the volume down key. Selected Fastboot, Android Recovery and RSD. Still nothing. Recovery gives me a dead droid with an exclamation inside a red triangle. I selected reboot system now, apply update from USB, wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition. Pressing the power button does nothing unless I press the volume up key also which resets to the logo screen

OldHacker

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][VZW Version] Cannot get past logo screen

Xoom 4G LTE
Model MZ602
Android 4.1.2
Build JZ054M

Tried to follow the instructions in this sticky post, but something went awry.
Device hangs at Motorola logo screen and never moves on to the flashing crystals.

Can force restart, but cannot power off so long as battery is charged.
After battery runs down, device stays off during (white light) recharge.
Battery recharges normally.

Can get to Android Recovery, RSD, and Fastboot menus.
Using the recovery menu <3e>:
- Reboot works
- ADB might work, but need commands and files
- USB might work, but don't have any update file
- Factory reset fails on BP clear <<<<<<
- Cache wipe works.

When USB cable is attached, PC recognizes device. Can issue commands to unlock the device and root the device. All commands appear to execute normally, device is rooted, and I can move around in the directory structure, but after reboot the device still hangs at the Motorola logo screen.

Since the hardware appears to be functioning, I'm guessing there is a software glitch that is preventing reload of the OS. Is there a way out of this?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac