GW3. Getting it wet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I only got it because of trade in and credit from the Note. Don't see myself needing LTE though, so just got the WIFI version. It's surprisingly light.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I only got it because of trade in and credit from the Note. Don't see myself needing LTE though, so just got the WIFI version. It's surprisingly light.
Yeah...I always carry my phone anyway and it's a bit awkward in public because it's like using a speaker phone so I don't do phone calls much on my other watches. I imagine it is nice though for when you get in your car without your phone and don't want to run back into the house to get it for a short trip to the store and things like that.

isalu

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Yep, mine got wet (just splashes, no showers or swimming) without an issue for 8 months. Then the back detached. Watch still works fine, but they won't glue the back on under warranty because they detect liquid damage. That's what will happen I guess when they use glue designed to fail in about 12 months.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ck-detached-warranty-not-honored/td-p/2149761

I know logic says you should be fine swimming with these, but you should know that their policy is to not cover water damage ever, and also to use the "presence" of water damage to not cover any other defect that presents itself.

MarineDawg

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Yep, mine got wet (just splashes, no showers or swimming) without an issue for 8 months. Then the back detached. Watch still works fine, but they won't glue the back on under warranty because they detect liquid damage. That's what will happen I guess when they use glue designed to fail in about 12 months.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...ck-detached-warranty-not-honored/td-p/2149761

I know logic says you should be fine swimming with these, but you should know that their policy is to not cover water damage ever, and also to use the "presence" of water damage to not cover any other defect that presents itself.

I haven't had any issues with mine (GW3) but I bought my g/f an Active 2 and her back has come off a couple of times. She isn't out there doing construction projects so I am wondering if the adhesives just begin to fail after a period of time. My watch is older than hers and I do more rigorous activities but so far so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze