Hacked? Spyware or Malware? Just paranoid?

a_hill_unknown

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Earlier in the week, I went to go make a phone call. The call didn't go out. A woman's voice told me that I was roaming, to buy more minutes or to contact my provider, press 1. I didn't think about it at first since I thought that it was maybe some kind of issue with the tower. Later on in the day, I wanted to make another call and the message came back again. I checked my signal strength and it was reading full strength and no indication that I was roaming, so I knew something wasn't right. I went to the Sprint store and the employees said that it wasn't an official sprint message. It took the one guy reactive ting my phone, from my phone to get service back. I am curious if: My phone somehow was hacked?; Somehow did a pice of spyware or malware make it onto my phone even though the only thing I had downloaded before this was Lookout; Or am I just being paranoid? If it was possibly the later two, would a factory reset get rid of anything? My phone isn't rooted by the way. Thanks for any help.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you're worried I would say a factory reset would be the thing to do, I am fairly sure if there was something then that would get rid of it. The only thing you have to lose is a little bit of time spent setting things back up again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze